Unfair to use an AR-15 against would-be burglars?

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 6911
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: Unfair to use an AR-15 against would-be burglars?

#31

Post by ELB » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:47 am

Of course it's unfair. That's the point.
USAF 1982-2005
____________
The Most Interesting Texan in the World. :txflag:


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 3743
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Unfair to use an AR-15 against would-be burglars?

#32

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:11 am

OneGun wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:00 am
What is "Fair"?? What is fair in a home invasion? When it comes to taxes, we hear the phrase "Fair Share". What is the definition of "Fair Share"?

The only place I find "Fair" is in the dictionary. In life, not a darn thing is fair.
As far as taxes, "fair share" is pretty obvious. You pay a share equal to what you are receiving. If you and I go out to lunch, paying our "fair share" would mean paying for what we each ate. For sake of argument, let's assume that we all, more or less, get roughly the same benefit from government services. The government raised $1.977 Trillion dollars in individual income taxes in 2018. There are approximately 325 million people in the U.S. That means your "fair share" is $6,083 per person. For a family of four, that's right around $24,000 per year.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 4797
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Unfair to use an AR-15 against would-be burglars?

#33

Post by bblhd672 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:26 am

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:11 am
As far as taxes, "fair share" is pretty obvious. You pay a share equal to what you are receiving. If you and I go out to lunch, paying our "fair share" would mean paying for what we each ate.
Our ruling class sees it a bit differently though: You and one of the elites go to lunch, the elite has lobster, Filet Mignon and a $300 bottle of wine, you have a $1.00 hamburger and a glass of water. You pay the elite's lunch tab, your own and the tip.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 3743
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Unfair to use an AR-15 against would-be burglars?

#34

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:05 pm

bblhd672 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:26 am
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:11 am
As far as taxes, "fair share" is pretty obvious. You pay a share equal to what you are receiving. If you and I go out to lunch, paying our "fair share" would mean paying for what we each ate.
Our ruling class sees it a bit differently though: You and one of the elites go to lunch, the elite has lobster, Filet Mignon and a $300 bottle of wine, you have a $1.00 hamburger and a glass of water. You pay the elite's lunch tab, your own and the tip.
Yes. I always get a kick out of the likes of Obama squealing about people not paying their "fair share". When you have 1% of the population paying 40% of all the taxes, the only rational argument is that lower income folks are the ones not paying their "fair share". Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that a family of four who only makes $30,000 a year should pay $24,000 in taxes. I pay much more than my family's "fair share" and I am perfectly OK with that. I just wish that people wouldn't try to make me feel bad for doing so.

To paraphrase Jack Nicholson from "A few good men", I just wish they would say 'thank you' and go on their way.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 24692
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Unfair to use an AR-15 against would-be burglars?

#35

Post by The Annoyed Man » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:10 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:05 pm
To paraphrase Jack Nicholson from "A few good men", I just wish they would say 'thank you' and go on their way.
Progressives don’t know how to say “thank you”, because no matter how much you do, it will never be enough to satisfy their voracious appetite for your money. Therefore, they say “you didn’t do enough”, instead of “thank you for what you did”.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 4797
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Unfair to use an AR-15 against would-be burglars?

#36

Post by bblhd672 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:17 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:10 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:05 pm
To paraphrase Jack Nicholson from "A few good men", I just wish they would say 'thank you' and go on their way.
Progressives don’t know how to say “thank you”, because no matter how much you do, it will never be enough to satisfy their voracious appetite for your money. Therefore, they say “you didn’t do enough”, instead of “thank you for what you did”.
Yeah, all of them can kiss the bumper of a donkey.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 24692
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Unfair to use an AR-15 against would-be burglars?

#37

Post by The Annoyed Man » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:20 pm

bblhd672 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:17 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:10 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:05 pm
To paraphrase Jack Nicholson from "A few good men", I just wish they would say 'thank you' and go on their way.
Progressives don’t know how to say “thank you”, because no matter how much you do, it will never be enough to satisfy their voracious appetite for your money. Therefore, they say “you didn’t do enough”, instead of “thank you for what you did”.
Yeah, all of them can kiss the bumper of a donkey.
I learn something new every day. I hadn’t heard that expression before. You owe me a keyboard.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy

User avatar

Maxwell
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 863
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Re: Unfair to use an AR-15 against would-be burglars?

#38

Post by Maxwell » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:46 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:14 pm
I am always amused at people who think that any aspect of life should be "fair". This misguided notion is behind the mentality that government should intervene to ensure "fair" results, and other truly dangerous ideas, IMHO. Not sure where this misguided notion originates, though I believe participation trophies are a likely culprit.

But for the sake of argument, if we define "fair" as both sides having an equal chance to prevail (let's say that being "not dead" at the end = "prevailing" for purposes of this example), then here is my math.

Start with: Defender knows the battlefield better than the attackers
Divided by: Attackers outnumber defender 3:1
Multiplied by: Defender is better armed
Subtract: Attackers get to choose the time and place of the battle

So if we carry the one, my math says that the answer is .......... "fair enough".
So that's "new math!" I finally understand... "rlol"
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1106
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: Unfair to use an AR-15 against would-be burglars?

#39

Post by Grundy1133 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:15 am

if my life is in danger I will protect it by ANY means necessary. Fist, knife, fork, AR-15, AK-47, oozie, M4A1, Sherman tank... Doesn't matter. If my life is in danger I will protect it any way I can, and the most effective way I can even if it means kicking someone in the nuts and then stabbing them while theyre bent over.
Image
NRA Member

User avatar

TexasJohnBoy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:21 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: Unfair to use an AR-15 against would-be burglars?

#40

Post by TexasJohnBoy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:30 pm

You break into my home, then all bets are off. I don't care about fair at that point.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1599
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Unfair to use an AR-15 against would-be burglars?

#41

Post by TreyHouston » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:27 pm

Grundy1133 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:15 am
if my life is in danger I will protect it by ANY means necessary. Fist, knife, fork, AR-15, AK-47, oozie, M4A1, Sherman tank... Doesn't matter. If my life is in danger I will protect it any way I can, and the most effective way I can even if it means kicking someone in the nuts and then stabbing them while theyre bent over.
In a fight, if your not cheating, your not trying!!!!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4939
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Unfair to use an AR-15 against would-be burglars?

#42

Post by Jusme » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:29 pm

If life were fair, good guys would wear white hats, every competitive game would end in a tie, there would not even be a need to compare one thing against another. Unfortunately, our creator knew full well that there would be those who had an advantage over others. Cain used a rock to kill his unarmed brother Abel. But, David used a small rock to dispatch Goliath.

I was not guaranteed a fair shake in life, but I was guaranteed life. So despite, any disadvantages, I may have faced, or will face in the future, I will defend what I have been given. I will do so with whatever means I have at my disposal. "Unfair" is what I use to describe those who try to take away, what someone else has been given in life. Whether through devine intervention, or one's own efforts.
These kids, we're deluded, either from the environment they grew up in, or from outside influence, and they paid the price. Once they stepped into that house, "fairness" became, a misnomer. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Post Reply

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”