FL: Homeowner drives off invaders in gun fight

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

FL: Homeowner drives off invaders in gun fight

Post by ELB »

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/ ... 704827002/
Amarion Meeks, 16, and Tyree Tillman, 20, used the keys, which were stolen along with the victim's car days earlier, to enter the home at about 3:40 a.m., according to the Tallahassee Police Department.

The homeowner saw the armed suspects in the kitchen, retrieved a rifle and fired 25 shots at Meeks and Tillman. They returned fire and fled in a stolen car. They left behind clothing, jewelry and a stolen gun.
At least one, possibly two, were wounded and Meeks and Tillman have been caught and charged with attempted murder, among other things. Two others are believed to be involved in the invasion.

Another individual was arrested for being a felon in possession of a firearm, but it sounds like he may have lived at the house and was nabbed while cops investigated the scene. Not sure about this.
USAF 1982-2005

Jusme

Re: FL: Homeowner drives off invaders in gun fight

Post by Jusme »

25 rounds, and they "may" have been wounded? Sounds like someone needs some range time. Either that or they just bought into the media's opinion of ARs as being automatic killing machines. If I fired 25 rounds at Intruders in my home, they would still be in my home when the police arrived, asking why so many rounds we're fired vertically. :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

philip964

Re: FL: Homeowner drives off invaders in gun fight

Post by philip964 »

A gun fight and one person has a rifle.

Not good odds even if the rifleman is a bad shot.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”