TX: Dallas man goes back to bed after shooting burglar.

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Dallas man goes back to bed after shooting burglar.

Post by apostate »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:19 am Many of these young thugs have no value for life. The thought of the thug coming back for revenge might just cross my mind as he ran into the dark. This particular thug won't be coming back for revenge. That is a good thing.
:read:

DEB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DEB »

I have read several self-defense stories from the News Media, and sometimes it happens to be that the Victim (Homeowner), just refuses to talk to the Police. He gets arrested, and the L.E. side of the house draw their own conclusions and report those conclusions as fact. With our current News Media and journalism, I don't believe anything they say. Just like they say Satan can't tell the truth, neither do I think our media can. I think this is why, several folks, Ayoob, Saurez, being two of those, state that you must say something to the police when they arrive. Just need to keep it short and succinct. I will wait on my judgement, when all is said and done.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

narcissist
Posts in topic: 6

Post by narcissist »

DEB wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:56 am I have read several self-defense stories from the News Media, and sometimes it happens to be that the Victim (Homeowner), just refuses to talk to the Police. He gets arrested, and the L.E. side of the house draw their own conclusions and report those conclusions as fact. With our current News Media and journalism, I don't believe anything they say. Just like they say Satan can't tell the truth, neither do I think our media can. I think this is why, several folks, Ayoob, Saurez, being two of those, state that you must say something to the police when they arrive. Just need to keep it short and succinct. I will wait on my judgement, when all is said and done.
Yeah my understanding of what to state is something like this "in very few words" explain the Basics, then tell them. You were in Fear for your life ( if you were ) and then state: YOU ARE INVOKING YOUR 5TH AMMENDMENT RIGHT! My understanding is if you don't say it they can and will use that against you even though you have the right to remain silent. Crazy!

The problem with the Truth is No matter what a Good attorney [D.A] can make it into a Lie. They can twist everything around of what you said and make it look BAD! Just my 1 cent because I lost my other penny?
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”