TX: Conv store patron shoots robber

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

TX: Conv store patron shoots robber

Post by ELB »

San Antonio

Suspect killed during botched Far West Side robbery identified

‘Threat was quite active’: Armed man, 21, shot, killed by convenience store customer on far West Side, police say

Wow. Read both of the above links. Interesting how different they are, not so much about the facts but how the whole story is presented.

Anyway, as best I can tell combining stories:

Masked robber enters Shell convenience store and points weapon (which may have been a taser) at clerk. A patron sees this and exits to parking lot, notifies his buddy. They see woman and clerk run out. (I think I would have left and called cops at this point, but) The two friends, one with his own taser and the other with LTC and handgun, enter store and confront robber, order him to drop weapon. One guy tases robber, who falls and drops his weapon. Robber gets back up and tries to retrieve weapon. Other friend fatally shoots him.

ME says bullet wound was in robber's back (I could easily see that if, for example, he was bending over to pick weapon up off floor), police say witnesses cooperating.
USAF 1982-2005

Redneck_Buddha

Re: TX: Conv store patron shoots robber

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Should be interesting to see how this progresses.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Lots of happy endings recently.

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

I looked for updates on this, but nada.

The only additional detail is that some other news stories from the time of the incident say the two guys who put down the robber were "bounty hunters."

I'm guessing that if there is no further news five months later, the "bounty hunters" are not being considered for prosecution.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/ ... identified
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”