TX: Dallas LTC holder fends off robbers at home cookout

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

papabear
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TX: Dallas LTC holder fends off robbers at home cookout

Post by papabear »

I am thankful my wife has ben good with me carry since 1st day. She does some but not always. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
dont complain.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

LDP wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:38 pm
ELB wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:10 pm
Lynyrd wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:02 pm
If the LTC was questioned and released by Dallas PD, does the mention of a Grand Jury mean the DA will seek and indictment for the LTC for killing the robber? Or does it maybe mean that the DA will seek an indictment for the other two robbers that fled the scene?
My money is on no-billing the LTC guy and felony/law of the parties murder indictment for the robbers.
Depends.
How stupid is the DA? Is she a libtard/libturd? (not sure how deep the blue runs in Dallas these days)
Imagine, a non-black man murdered an innocent black criminal with a gun. Get a blue jury and the defender will rot in jail for life.
If the Sheriff passed this to the DA, this smells bad already.

Curious how this shakes out. Can you please keep us posted with updates on the defender's health and freedom status?
Would he be better off legally for them to take it to a grand jury and no-bill it rather than just leaving it out there with no charges filed. Some anti gun DA could come along in a year and decide to file charges on it. At least it is out of the way if they do it now. My self defense shooting in 1996 went before a grand jury and they no-billed the charges. It has been a long while ago but I think I was told they always take a shooting before the grand jury but I could be mistaken on this.

Seanzky

Post by Seanzky »

I hope he gets away scot-free. The last thing I want to worry about in a self-defense shoot is whether I have to go to jail or not.
--Sean

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Seanzky wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:42 pm I hope he gets away scot-free. The last thing I want to worry about in a self-defense shoot is whether I have to go to jail or not.
IANAL,
But I believe any “homicide” is referred to the grand jury, even if no indictment is sought.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Unless there is a significant element to this story that hasn't been reported (like a drug deal gone bad), I don't think the LTC'er has anything to worry about from the law.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”