Pastor murdered with his own gun by man hiding in the Church

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Pastor murdered with his own gun by man hiding in the Church

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-pastor-kil ... 08697.html

Two others were wounded in this tragedy on January the 3rd. A suspect who was being pursued by law enforcement hid in the church's bathroom and was discovered by the pastor.

This tragedy is a cautionary tale to gun owners. Just because you have it in your hand, you cannot assume a criminal will be afraid to grab for your gun. You must be willing to use it to protect your possession of it.

Being in the line of work the pastor was in, he may have second thoughts about firing his weapon until it was too late.

RIP.

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Pastor murdered with his own gun by man hiding in the Church

Post by ELB »

I was following this when it happened, but the forum was down then. Articles indicate the murderer had a GSW to his hand, so sounds like it's possible the pastor got one off before being over come.

Sad.
USAF 1982-2005

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Hopefully defense lawyers are bookmarking this case as an example to bring up at trial if their client is accused of shooting an unarmed man who was "too far away to harm them". Then at least something good would come from this.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I don't know if this scumbag was in a gang, but East Texas is a hotbed of gang activity. I had a high school friend murdered by three Crips during a botched bank robbery in Overton, TX in 1998, not far from this incident. My friend who was the bank president was kidnapped, but they murdered a teller at the bank and later a retired minister who was a car salesman. The FBI reported back in 2011 that 90% of violent crime in Texas is committed by gang members, twice the national average. In 2014 there were an estimated 2,500 gangs with over 100,000 members on Texas. Knowing my friend he may well have prayed for them before they executed him. My prayers go out to the murdered pastor's family and the injured victims as well.
Last edited by puma guy on Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

It was also reported that the ‘suspect’ was hiding in the church because he had run from police the previous night as they were chasing him in connection with one or more drive-by shootings.
NRA lifetime member

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

This is a month old, but just saw it.
https://www.kltv.com/2021/01/14/starrvi ... -facility/

Church member who was wounded at same time pastor was killed is out of ICU.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”