What is CHLs United?

CHL's United is a movement with a single goal of removing unnecessary and potentially dangerous restrictions on Texas Concealed Handgun Licensees.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 8

What is CHLs United?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

CHL’s United is not an organization or a club, it is a movement, a movement with the single goal of removing unnecessary restrictions placed on Texas Concealed Handgun Licensees. In spite of an enviable 20-year track record by Texas Concealed Handgun Licensees, bills to remove unnecessary and dangerous off-limits areas for CHLs have failed to advance in the Texas Legislature for the last two legislative sessions. While other bills expanding gun rights in Texas have passed in every legislative session since 1995, it is obvious that Texas CHLs will need an intense, focused and massive campaign to pass a bill that will remove all remaining off-limits areas for licensees.

There are currently over 850,000 Texas Concealed Handgun Licensees and that number will be well over 1 million by the time the Texas Legislature convenes in 2017. Every single CHL needs to join the CHLs United movement and add their voices to the demand for reform. A CHL’s United petition with that number of signatures cannot be ignored by elected officials in Austin. Hundreds of thousands of phone calls, faxes and emails to elected officials before and after elections and during the 2017 legislative session will be a clear message of the support for removing unnecessary off-limits areas for CHLs.

The cost to participate in CHL’s United will be only $10/year (Sept. 1 - Aug. 31), less than $0.03 per day. If the response to this effort is what it should be, the proceeds from this small donation will allow CHL’s Untied to purchase air time on TV and radio and to engage in other widespread advertising efforts. A grassroots campaign by a million CHLs acting in a responsible and respectable manner can and will bring about long-overdue change to Texas gun laws as they relate to the most law-abiding segment of the Texas population. Join the CHLs United movement and get every friend and family member with a CHL to do likewise. In 1995, law-abiding Texans gained the right to carry self-defense handguns because millions of Texas gun owners raised their voices in unison demanding an end to a Reconstruction Era law that was costing countless innocent lives. Let’s revive this proven tactic with a single-issue focus by a million or more Texas CHLs demanding change.

Join the CHLs United movement!

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Re: What is CHLs United?

Post by mojo84 »

I'm in!!!
Will join when I get to my computer.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

K5GU
Posts in topic: 5

Post by K5GU »

Sounds like a good movement. I wonder if the name will change to LTC United when the DPS drops "CHL" for "LTC" ?

From the http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/le ... lation.htm website:
"The department will be updating website, forms and training materials to reference License to Carry (LTC) instead of Concealed Handgun License (CHL)."
Life is good.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

K5GU wrote:Sounds like a good movement. I wonder if the name will change to LTC United when the DPS drops "CHL" for "LTC" ?

From the http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/le ... lation.htm website:
"The department will be updating website, forms and training materials to reference License to Carry (LTC) instead of Concealed Handgun License (CHL)."
I thought about that, but "CHL" is so widely known that I stuck with the current acronym.

Chas.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Abraham »

I'm in!

K5GU

Post by K5GU »

Charles, I just signed up. FYI - I tried both "debit." and "credit" card options but it failed with something like, "cannot use same card and email address as Paypal uses".
Life is good.

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RogueUSMC »

Done.

We appreciate you Charles.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

K5GU wrote:Charles, I just signed up. FYI - I tried both "debit." and "credit" card options but it failed with something like, "cannot use same card and email address as Paypal uses".
Thanks, I'll call PayPal and see what's going on. I haven't heard of that one before.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

K5GU wrote:Charles, I just signed up. FYI - I tried both "debit." and "credit" card options but it failed with something like, "cannot use same card and email address as Paypal uses".
PayPal said they don't know what happened, but that you would have to call so they can check it from your end. I told them I didn't know if you have a PayPal account, but she had no response.

Chas.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Abraham »

I used a Visa credit card without a problem.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Im in, paypal was not an issue
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

K5GU

Post by K5GU »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
PayPal said they don't know what happened, but that you would have to call so they can check it from your end. I told them I didn't know if you have a PayPal account, but she had no response.

Chas.
Thanks Charles. Not a problem. I ended up using the Paypal link and it worked fine.
Life is good.

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Joined. Thanks Charles!
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

I used the same email address as on file with PayPal to register, and PayPal worked fine for me.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

CJD

Post by CJD »

Joined!

Return to “Good Guys United”