Wait 'til Next Year

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Salty1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

Post by Salty1 »

OlBill wrote:
Salty1 wrote:Why not? The Cowboys do it every December......
Super Bowl championships (5)
1971 (VI), 1977 (XII), 1992 (XXVII), 1993 (XXVIII), 1995 (XXX)

Houston Texans
League championships (0)
Conference championships (0)
;-)

it is amazing that it was all in the last century, thats when wait till next year started, as a point of reference the last time the Cowboys won was the same year that Texas had the CHL laws passed...... :fire
Salty1

OlBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OlBill »

Salty1 wrote:
OlBill wrote:

Houston Texans
League championships (0)
;-)

it is amazing that it was all in the last century, thats when wait till next year started, as a point of reference the last time the Cowboys won was the same year that Texas had the CHL laws passed...... :fire

We'll have permitless carry before Houston wins one. ;-)

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

OlBill wrote:
Salty1 wrote:
OlBill wrote:

Houston Texans
League championships (0)
;-)

We'll have permitless carry before Houston wins one. ;-)
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasCajun »

There's actually some validity to this thread. If your right-leaning Rep or Sen didn't do right by you, now is the time to start looking at the primaries. Start talking with the local party chair about plans for the next election - will they consider fielding a candidate to challenge the incumbent? who are they considering? how much backing/support will any challengers get? It'll be too late if you wait until the filing deadline.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Topic author
tomneal

Post by tomneal »

Pack-em-if-you-got-em
Employees of any Texas or Local government agency, that have a Texas CHL, may carry concealed on-the-job. No mater if they are LEO's or Teachers, or Maintenance Staff or DA's or Judges or ...
No mater the location.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

I'm not one to sit on my hands between legislative sessions. I get involved with every local election in which I vote. I meet with candidates in my county commissioners elections, sherriff, school board, etc. I believe representation, starts at the local level, and State and Federal representation, fully relies upon, the local voting blocs, for their election. If we get local representation, in line with our values and beliefs, it will carry foreword in the State elections. In my county, we were able to defeat a county commissioner, who was in favor of forced annexation, and elect one who opposed it without a majority vote by the residents. He is also very pro 2A and LTC. He is also fully aware that his office is only safe , if he does not waver from the promises he made. I am planning to speak at the next school board meeting, to demand, LTC holding staff, and teachers, be allowed to carry on campuses. I have also began talks to get a LTC instructor to offer free classes, to any ISD staff members, who want it.

I have been flooding my State House and Senate Representatives, as well as the Governor,with emails, to press for not only, requirements for schools to allow LTC carry, but also removing all locations, LTC holders can carry, and have it match locations LEO can carry.

Waiting until the session begins, is often times, too late, because, back room deals have already been made, as to what bills will even be proposed, submitted, and brought to the floor. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”