SB 16 - priority bill, reduction of LTC fees

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: Keith B, Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

bliss79
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Houston

Re: SB 16 - priority bill, reduction of LTC fees

#181

Post by bliss79 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:06 am

So with it being signed, does it go into effect now, or still Sept 1st?
"Pray hard and shoot straight." -- Dustin Ellerman

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 6567
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: SB 16 - priority bill, reduction of LTC fees

#182

Post by ELB » Sat May 27, 2017 9:24 am

bliss79 wrote:So with it being signed, does it go into effect now, or still Sept 1st?
1 Sep
USAF 1982-2005
____________
The Most Interesting Texan in the World. :txflag:

User avatar

bliss79
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Houston

Re: SB 16 - priority bill, reduction of LTC fees

#183

Post by bliss79 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:08 am

ELB wrote:
bliss79 wrote:So with it being signed, does it go into effect now, or still Sept 1st?
1 Sep

Thanks for the reply! Was hoping it would be sooner, my renewal date is Aug 28.
"Pray hard and shoot straight." -- Dustin Ellerman

User avatar

TexasJohnBoy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:21 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: SB 16 - priority bill, reduction of LTC fees

#184

Post by TexasJohnBoy » Sat May 27, 2017 10:23 am

bliss79 wrote:
ELB wrote:
bliss79 wrote:So with it being signed, does it go into effect now, or still Sept 1st?
1 Sep

Thanks for the reply! Was hoping it would be sooner, my renewal date is Aug 28.
You can renew on the 1st can't you? Would three days without carry be worth $35?
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14


roadkill
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: SB 16 - priority bill, reduction of LTC fees

#185

Post by roadkill » Sat May 27, 2017 10:32 am

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
bliss79 wrote:
ELB wrote:
bliss79 wrote:So with it being signed, does it go into effect now, or still Sept 1st?
1 Sep

Thanks for the reply! Was hoping it would be sooner, my renewal date is Aug 28.
You can renew on the 1st can't you? Would three days without carry be worth $35?
3 days plus processing time. Most likely be 60 plus days total.

User avatar

TexasJohnBoy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:21 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: SB 16 - priority bill, reduction of LTC fees

#186

Post by TexasJohnBoy » Sat May 27, 2017 1:12 pm

roadkill wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:
bliss79 wrote:
ELB wrote:
bliss79 wrote:So with it being signed, does it go into effect now, or still Sept 1st?
1 Sep

Thanks for the reply! Was hoping it would be sooner, my renewal date is Aug 28.
You can renew on the 1st can't you? Would three days without carry be worth $35?
3 days plus processing time. Most likely be 60 plus days total.
Ahh yes, there is that. I'd pay the $75 then
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

User avatar

bliss79
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Houston

Re: SB 16 - priority bill, reduction of LTC fees

#187

Post by bliss79 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:53 pm

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
roadkill wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:
bliss79 wrote:
ELB wrote:
bliss79 wrote:So with it being signed, does it go into effect now, or still Sept 1st?
1 Sep

Thanks for the reply! Was hoping it would be sooner, my renewal date is Aug 28.
You can renew on the 1st can't you? Would three days without carry be worth $35?
3 days plus processing time. Most likely be 60 plus days total.
Ahh yes, there is that. I'd pay the $75 then

I would love it if it was only those 3 days, but none of us are that lucky! Lol. At least my wife will get the discount on hers, hers is at the end of Oct.
"Pray hard and shoot straight." -- Dustin Ellerman

User avatar

nightmare69
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2024
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:03 pm
Location: East Texas

Re: SB 16 - priority bill, reduction of LTC fees

#188

Post by nightmare69 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:48 pm

I renewed in February and it only took about 6 working days till I had my new plastic in hand.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

User avatar

Rhino1
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:59 pm
Location: Smithson Valley (Comal County)

Re: SB 16 - priority bill, reduction of LTC fees

#189

Post by Rhino1 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:36 pm

I filed for renewal less than two weeks ago (as soon as I entered the six month window). I'm a veteran so HB16 doesn't impact me but I suspect a number of people who are up for renewal OR are doing the initial, are waiting until Sept 1. I hope you can get it within 60 days if apply after Sept 1.

BTW, DPS website shows all my requirements were complete. Hope to see plastic soon.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.


poppo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:47 pm
Location: Texas

Re: SB 16 - priority bill, reduction of LTC fees

#190

Post by poppo » Tue May 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Rhino1 wrote:I filed for renewal less than two weeks ago (as soon as I entered the six month window). I'm a veteran so HB16 doesn't impact me but I suspect a number of people who are up for renewal OR are doing the initial, are waiting until Sept 1. I hope you can get it within 60 days if apply after Sept 1.

BTW, DPS website shows all my requirements were complete. Hope to see plastic soon.
Just curious, did you have to resubmit any veteran info? I just renewed my DL on line and it already knew I was a disabled veteran.
USMC Retired - DAV Life Member - VFW Life Member - NRA Life Member

User avatar

Rhino1
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:59 pm
Location: Smithson Valley (Comal County)

Re: SB 16 - priority bill, reduction of LTC fees

#191

Post by Rhino1 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:45 am

No, the email said a couple of things were pending (one being veteran status) but never heard anything else. Can't imagine why i'd have to resubmit DD214 since they already had it. "Checks in the mail" which i anticipate getting today or tomorrow.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Locked

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”