Alice says...

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Alice says...

Post by jason812 »

Papa_Tiger wrote:
mr1337 wrote:
RHenriksen wrote:Oh - post by Alice says SB 16 is about eliminating the LTC fees. I thought that had already been filed?
It was, HB 339.

Haven't compared the texts yet, but SB 16 is a reserved bill number designated as a priority for Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick. Hopefully that means it will get some good movement.
SB 16 As filed today. Nothing else gun related yet today, but this is a pretty big one. Expanding the ranks of LTC holders in the State of Texas will increase clout. Eliminating the fees for the LTC itself makes it much easier to exercise this Constitutional guarantee.
I have told my brother about this possibly happening. He said if it goes thru, he will get his license. Right now he does not want to pay for a right and I bet there are plenty more out there with the same train of thought. Also, $140 is not chump change to a lot of people.

This does a lot for us but I would still hope the expanding of places we can carry are expanded.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

mr1337
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mr1337 »

jason812 wrote:I have told my brother about this possibly happening. He said if it goes thru, he will get his license. Right now he does not want to pay for a right and I bet there are plenty more out there with the same train of thought. Also, $140 is not chump change to a lot of people.

This does a lot for us but I would still hope the expanding of places we can carry are expanded.
I image lots of people think this way. Should be a good boost to the cause.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

gringo pistolero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gringo pistolero »

This is a good bill but not exactly a surprise.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

gringo pistolero wrote:This is a good bill but not exactly a surprise.
It was a big surprise to folks who don't keep up with the legislative session as do Forum Members. I wish a much larger percentage of gun owners would stay abreast of legislative activity!

Chas.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
It was a big surprise to folks who don't keep up with the legislative session as do Forum Members. I wish a much larger percentage of gun owners would stay abreast of legislative activity!

Chas.
Alot of the reason many of us are kept informed is because of you Charles. I know that I for one look forward to your podcasts.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Flightmare wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
Alot of the reason many of us are kept informed is because of you Charles. I know that I for one look forward to your podcasts.
+1 I don't post much because I've been on the forum long enough to realize how little I know compared to most of the members here. This is a place where I'm best served by reading more and typing less. I read it almost daily, especially during legislative sessions. I also heed the calls to action with phone calls and letters. All thanks to Mr. Cotton and this board.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

:iagree:

Not just gun owners, but everyone. It galls me that there are so many people who don't want to stay informed, or be involved in any way, in the legislative process, but are the first to complain about laws, and decisions, that are made. One doesn't have to be a lawyer, or read every law book written, but it requires, very little actual time to stay up to date, on any part of the process, especially with the internet, and the legislative web site, that, everyone could at least give it a passing glance every once in a while.
I can't speak about all Representatives, but I have found mine to be very responsive to questions, and suggestions from me. Not all of them are acted upon, or turn out as I might like, but at least I feel I have a voice in the overall process.

Thanks again Charles for all you do, to keep everyone up to date, and informed regarding new legislation, and for your voice in the process.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Every bit we can get closer to Liberty is a step in right direction.
I suspect we (on this Forum) are more in tune with Legislation in the pipeline and thusly more susceptible to progress immunity.

This is just another step-up on the ladder of freedom. Great news.

aero10

Post by aero10 »

BigGuy wrote:
Flightmare wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
+1 I don't post much because I've been on the forum long enough to realize how little I know compared to most of the members here. This is a place where I'm best served by reading more and typing less. I read it almost daily, especially during legislative sessions. I also heed the calls to action with phone calls and letters. All thanks to Mr. Cotton and this board.
:iagree:

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

While not technically firearms related, how about a bill to eliminate crazy knife laws, as well as legalize clubs, knuckles, etc.?
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”