HB 560 - Holy Grail?

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

ralewis
Posts in topic: 7

Re: HB 560 - Holy Grail?

Post by ralewis »

Would be very disappointed if we don't get any changes to off limits locations. 2 sessions now where the priories seem to be with things not really important to the licenseees who carry concealed daily.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Ruark »

Can Patrick do anything?
-Ruark

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 14

Post by TreyHouston »

ralewis wrote:Would be very disappointed if we don't get any changes to off limits locations. 2 sessions now where the priories seem to be with things not really important to the licenseees who carry concealed daily.
Agreed! This "bill is dead" is some bull! i hope something (good) comes out of this legislative session...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Ruark wrote:The record shows it was referred to HS. Nothing beyond that yet. Is there some way to find out when the committee will discuss it? Can people go to the committee meeting and provide input?
It's dead.

Chas.
This makes me sad. :grumble

What's next? What's still got a chance that's worth fighting for this session?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

:bigmouth HB 560 died.
I am really disappointed, are we electing RINOs? Don't we have enough 2ndA supporters in the legislator. We have the Texas governor seat, the Texas Senate Chamber and House chamber. Why are will killing more bills that restore more "rights" to the LTC community? Are we so bad that the LEO communities are more privileged than we are?

I am really fed up with the pace of change in Texas to get back our rights. Constitutional carry would benefit everyone but the LTC community.
TSRA and NRA has a lot to explain. What was the "pro gun" Agenda for 2017 session? No one had clue. Reducing or eliminating the LTC would not cut it.
If you cannot afford the 5-yrs fee of $1407, maybe you cannot afford to purchase ammo to train with your carry.

I am really :mad5 :mad5
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

doncb

Post by doncb »

TreyHouston wrote:...Snip.... i hope something (good) comes out of this legislative session...
Don't hold your breath. Maybe some "fluff" like allowed calibers or giving somebody a discount will pass, but nothing worth anything. For such an allegedly gun friendly state, Texas sure isn't looking like it. If our reps are afraid of their constituents not liking them voting for gun rights, maybe they should just change parties and stop living a lie. That or they need to grow a pair.

MDA will have reason to celebrate this year. I bet Shannon Watts can barely contain her glee.
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 8

Post by ScottDLS »

doncb wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:...Snip.... i hope something (good) comes out of this legislative session...
Don't hold your breath. Maybe some "fluff" like allowed calibers or giving somebody a discount will pass, but nothing worth anything. For such an allegedly gun friendly state, Texas sure isn't looking like it. If our reps are afraid of their constituents not liking them voting for gun rights, maybe they should just change parties and stop living a lie. That or they need to grow a pair.

MDA will have reason to celebrate this year. I bet Shannon Watts can barely contain her glee.
It was suggested that this is the doing of Joe Straus who is the definition of a RINO. However, I suspect this bill was just to too much for many wobbly Republicans. My guess is Straus runs in a district that would normally elect a Democrat and of course he works with the Democrats to keep the Speakership. I've heard he's also blocking the consideration of Article 5 Convention of States and the Sanctuary City Legislation. Anybody up on legislative doings know this?

"Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?" -Henry II of England :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NotRPB »

HB560 was really the only firearms/LTC bill I know of that I cared about this session.
Unless there's something making the Class A misdemeanor places into class C, I'm going fishing. (Not on ACOE lakes though)
So glad GOP controls House, Senate, Governorship, Lt Gov, Us Congress & Presidency so we can ... so we can .... so we can ... hmmm
People need to watch "Mr Smith Goes to Washington"

artx

Post by artx »

<wishful thinking> is it dead because the language was moved into CSHB1911? </wishful thinking>

Liberty
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Liberty »

I watch Alice Tripp's Twitter feed, She has shown much enthusiasm for reduced or free LTC fees and CC via HB1911, but I don't believe I have seen a reference at all to HB 560, I think that HB1911 sucked all the life out of HB560. If it isn't an Alice Tripp priority, it isn't gonna be a committee priority. My guess is that some kind of flaw popped up. I wish we would get an explanation. Something going on that we aren't privy too.
Last edited by Liberty on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Ruark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Ruark »

So what about 1911/375? Are they dead, too?
-Ruark

EastTexasRancher
Posts in topic: 1

Post by EastTexasRancher »

Um, look around....your beloved state was so attractive that millions moved here.....turning it blue.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Liberty »

Ruark wrote:So what about 1911/375? Are they dead, too?
Nope, it will be heard in committee on Tuesday.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Lambda Force

Post by Lambda Force »

Twenty years later we still can't carry concealed handguns lots of places unlicensed people can carry a riot shotgun or AR-15.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

I think on all levels, the republican party has no courage and don't know who is putting them in office. They are so afraid of a fight it's ridiculous.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”