Wait 'til Next Year

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: Keith B, Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
tomneal
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 948
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:26 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Wait 'til Next Year

#1

Post by tomneal » Wed May 31, 2017 12:55 pm

I's it too early to start a "Wait 'til Next Year" topic? :txflag:
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom Neal


apostate
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2233
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:01 am

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

#2

Post by apostate » Wed May 31, 2017 1:03 pm

Not at all. Next year we get to vote on them.

I suggest people vote for incumbents based on laws passed/changed rather than surveys, smoke, and mirrors.

User avatar

Vol Texan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1825
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 am
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

#3

Post by Vol Texan » Wed May 31, 2017 1:11 pm

Oh, if only I lived in District 121, so I could vote against Strauss in the primary.
Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor & NRA Pistol Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Armored Cav. | Tennessee Squire

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4056
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

#4

Post by bblhd672 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:17 pm

tomneal wrote:I's it too early to start a "Wait 'til Next Year" topic? :txflag:
Wait 'til 2019 :txflag:


roadkill
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

#5

Post by roadkill » Wed May 31, 2017 1:32 pm

Vol Texan wrote:Oh, if only I lived in District 121, so I could vote against Strauss in the primary.
You can always contribute to his opponents...


steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1374
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

#6

Post by steveincowtown » Wed May 31, 2017 1:32 pm

apostate wrote:Not at all. Next year we get to vote on them.

I suggest people vote for incumbents based on laws passed/changed rather than surveys, smoke, and mirrors.
I will be voting based on the laws that never even got a chance and the fact that my rep, Charlie Geren, continues to vote for Joe Straus as speaker of the house. In this "Trump" atmosphere I think we will see a real chance to turn over some these long terms RINOs.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3603
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

#7

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:31 pm

Vol Texan wrote:Oh, if only I lived in District 121, so I could vote against Strauss in the primary.
I hate to say it, but it might even be worth it to vote against him in the general if he wins the primary.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

DEB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Copperas Cove, Texas

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

#8

Post by DEB » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:01 am

Only if a Republican is running against any of them. Don't look to commit suicide, just cause these representatives didn't vote for all the pro-gun bills. I do agree that they are not moving quick enough, especially as we do own both the congress and the senate. But, to turn the state fully over to those, (read Democrat), who truly will seek to destroy ALL gun rights, doesn't make sense to me anyhow. Look at California, read CALGUNS and go back to when those folks were seeking to only vote progressive as gun rights, they were saying, were not threatened. Well, now Californians can only hope for Federal intervention, as they see everything going down the toilet. I absolutely loath Rino's, but I sure wouldn't trade any of them in for ANY Democrat. Even Rino's do right, most of time at least, on Conservative issues. Remember although we didn't jump forward as much as at least that I would have liked. We didn't go backwards any.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

User avatar

AF-Odin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:00 pm
Location: Near Fort Hood

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

#9

Post by AF-Odin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:06 am

:iagree:

Totally agree. Would really like to have seen more and calling a bill that allows hog hunting from a hot air balloon a gun rights bill is absurd. it is nothing more that a pay-off to a niche industry and not really about gun rights. That said, we did not lose anything in this session and made a couple of additional minor gains. My personal opinion is that HB1911 sucked all the air out of the room for any other significant pro-carry legislation. Let your reps know what you want and what you expect of them (politely), but do not commit suicide by voting for a gun grabbing left wing candidate.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
NRA & TSRA Life Member

User avatar

TexasJohnBoy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1935
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:21 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

#10

Post by TexasJohnBoy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:24 pm

DEB wrote:Only if a Republican is running against any of them. Don't look to commit suicide, just cause these representatives didn't vote for all the pro-gun bills. I do agree that they are not moving quick enough, especially as we do own both the congress and the senate. But, to turn the state fully over to those, (read Democrat), who truly will seek to destroy ALL gun rights, doesn't make sense to me anyhow. Look at California, read CALGUNS and go back to when those folks were seeking to only vote progressive as gun rights, they were saying, were not threatened. Well, now Californians can only hope for Federal intervention, as they see everything going down the toilet. I absolutely loath Rino's, but I sure wouldn't trade any of them in for ANY Democrat. Even Rino's do right, most of time at least, on Conservative issues. Remember although we didn't jump forward as much as at least that I would have liked. We didn't go backwards any.
:iagree:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14


rotor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

#11

Post by rotor » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:04 pm

Our legislature seems to be more interested in bathroom bills than 2nd amendment issues.


Salty1
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:44 pm

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

#12

Post by Salty1 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:18 pm

Why not? The Cowboys do it every December......
Salty1


ninjabread
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

#13

Post by ninjabread » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:35 pm

AF-Odin wrote:Would really like to have seen more and calling a bill that allows hog hunting from a hot air balloon a gun rights bill is absurd. it is nothing more that a pay-off to a niche industry and not really about gun rights.
I feel the same about the bill allowing online classes but only if done by a very small group. It reminds me of the definition of amusement park carved out for a company that's now defunct. If you let your reps know what you want and what you expect of them (politely) and they didn't deliver, do not commit political suicide by voting for them again. It's like continuing to smoke because it hasn't killed you yet.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.



OlBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:36 am

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

#14

Post by OlBill » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:46 pm

Salty1 wrote:Why not? The Cowboys do it every December......
Super Bowl championships (5)
1971 (VI), 1977 (XII), 1992 (XXVII), 1993 (XXVIII), 1995 (XXX)

Houston Texans
League championships (0)
Conference championships (0)
;-)


OlBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:36 am

Re: Wait 'til Next Year

#15

Post by OlBill » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:47 pm

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
DEB wrote:Only if a Republican is running against any of them. Don't look to commit suicide, just cause these representatives didn't vote for all the pro-gun bills. I do agree that they are not moving quick enough, especially as we do own both the congress and the senate. But, to turn the state fully over to those, (read Democrat), who truly will seek to destroy ALL gun rights, doesn't make sense to me anyhow. Look at California, read CALGUNS and go back to when those folks were seeking to only vote progressive as gun rights, they were saying, were not threatened. Well, now Californians can only hope for Federal intervention, as they see everything going down the toilet. I absolutely loath Rino's, but I sure wouldn't trade any of them in for ANY Democrat. Even Rino's do right, most of time at least, on Conservative issues. Remember although we didn't jump forward as much as at least that I would have liked. We didn't go backwards any.
:iagree:
Me too

Locked

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”