Rule Change Needed: 51% At Stadiums and Arenas

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Rule Change Needed: 51% At Stadiums and Arenas

Post by RoyGBiv »

Wife and I went to see Michael Buble at Dickie's Arena in FTW last night. Checking the TABC website, it shows that the location is "Gun Sign: Red", because the entity that holds the liquor permit gets more than 51% of their revenue from alcohol sales.

It would be GREAT to fix this. We all know that "Dickie's Arena" as a whole is not >51%. Why would some sub-entity be allowed to make the whole place off limits to carry? Same issue at Bass Hall and plenty of other places.

The City of FTW owns the arena, but licensed carry is off-limits because of the way the site is permitted for liquor sales. Totally wrong! :nono:

If you want to reduce the number of stolen guns, don't make me have to leave mine in the car in the Arena parking lot. :mad5

I should be able to carry into government owned property, past the metal detectors, just like at the State Capitol. :thumbs2:

:txflag:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

chasfm11

Re: Rule Change Needed: 51% At Stadiums and Arenas

Post by chasfm11 »

"They" do this same thing a Bass Hall. No way is at 51% either And Ft. Worth claiming that the Zoo is an "eductional" facility while it holds a liquor license is just plain wrong, too. This is just more of "you must play by all the rules that we make up but we will do whatever we want."
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by NotRPB »

i bet "some" entity at the State Fairgrounds & outdoor City Festivals gets over 51% from alcohol sales for "on premises" consumption too.
Must needs fixin.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Some have said I live in a protected place here in Angelina County. Maybe, I do confess I am blessed beyond measure to be here and not in one of the big cities w/ the Big City Problems. All of the above are reasons I am so thankful and my small world is very gun friendly
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

At least at San Antonio's Stock Show and Rodeo only the beer and wine tents are posted 51%. Course, they keep trying to post the whole event 06/07.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

jmorris wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:43 am At least at San Antonio's Stock Show and Rodeo only the beer and wine tents are posted 51%. Course, they keep trying to post the whole event 06/07.
I'm pretty sure that I saw a huge 30.06 sign at the entrance to a Grapevine festival this past weekend. They put up fences around the whole downtown section so there is no way that that sign should fall under the TPC language. But they do it anyway.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

chasfm11 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:12 pm
jmorris wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:43 am At least at San Antonio's Stock Show and Rodeo only the beer and wine tents are posted 51%. Course, they keep trying to post the whole event 06/07.
I'm pretty sure that I saw a huge 30.06 sign at the entrance to a Grapevine festival this past weekend. They put up fences around the whole downtown section so there is no way that that sign should fall under the TPC language. But they do it anyway.
I've been tempted to head up there and open carry, mainly outside on the sidewalks.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:00 am Wife and I went to see Michael Buble……
Well, there’s your problem right there. :mrgreen: :lol:

:leaving
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:41 am
RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:00 am Wife and I went to see Michael Buble……
Well, there’s your problem right there. :mrgreen: :lol:

:leaving
:lol:

Really a great show. Wife's music more than mine, but I never mind going.
Makes wife frisky. :mrgreen:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”