Any updates?

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 26

Re: Any updates?

Post by Syntyr »

Flightmare wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:07 pm
Syntyr wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:01 pm These people are exhausting in their willful misdirection.

Amendment 16

Prohibiting foster parents from carrying.

Woops point of order.
I actually agree with the POO here. There is nothing in this bill pertaining to foster parents, nor carrying in a vehicle. This bill specifically is for carrying in public without a license. The POO should be sustained.
Yep it went so quick I got it backwards 16 is adopted. Affirms that foster parents are allowed to carry.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

comsec
Posts in topic: 7

Post by comsec »

Syntyr wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:10 pm
Flightmare wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:07 pm
Syntyr wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:01 pm These people are exhausting in their willful misdirection.

Amendment 16

Prohibiting foster parents from carrying.

Woops point of order.
I actually agree with the POO here. There is nothing in this bill pertaining to foster parents, nor carrying in a vehicle. This bill specifically is for carrying in public without a license. The POO should be sustained.
Yep it went so quick I got it backwards 16 is adopted. Affirms that foster parents are allowed to carry.
That limits abuse of the letter of the law by some bureaucrat. Seems prudent to me.

ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ELB »

Syntyr wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:01 pm ... their willful misdirection.
That's an excellent way to put it.
USAF 1982-2005

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Vol Texan »

I just got off work and joined in on this discussion. Logged into the site, but getting no sound. Is there nothing being done right now, or is it a problem on my side?
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 16

Post by jerry_r60 »

Vol Texan wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:31 pm I just got off work and joined in on this discussion. Logged into the site, but getting no sound. Is there nothing being done right now, or is it a problem on my side?
They are not talking publicly right now. They are dealing with a Point of Order and then will come back "online". Notice just above the bill number it says Point of Order. That changes to the amendment number they are dealing with when to are going again.

comsec

Post by comsec »

This POO related to a subsection of the legislative process so this must be some procedural move to gum up to what appears to be a steamroller to pass the bill. :totap:

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 16

Post by jerry_r60 »

comsec wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:35 pm This POO related to a subsection of the legislative process so this must be some procedural move to gum up to what appears to be a steamroller to pass the bill. :totap:
It's the third POO on the bill so far. They are sprinkled in along the way in between all the amendments.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

jerry_r60 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:32 pm
Vol Texan wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:31 pm I just got off work and joined in on this discussion. Logged into the site, but getting no sound. Is there nothing being done right now, or is it a problem on my side?
They are not talking publicly right now. They are dealing with a Point of Order and then will come back "online". Notice just above the bill number it says Point of Order. That changes to the amendment number they are dealing with when to are going again.
Thank you sir. I hear them talking again now.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

comsec

Post by comsec »

Next...POO overruled

comsec

Post by comsec »

POO . . . . . . for 17

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Flightmare »

New POO. Rule 11 section 2.

For those interested, here is a link to the house rules.

https://house.texas.gov/_media/pdf/Hous ... ure-87.pdf
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

comsec wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:39 pm POO . . . . . . for 17
Sounds like a bunch of poo to me. :biggrinjester:

comsec

Post by comsec »

It's like making sausage, if you want to eat it, don't watch it being made. "rlol"

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

POO Sustained. Yep, it was just poo (the amendment, that is)

Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Boxerrider »

comsec wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:44 pm It's like making sausage, if you want to eat it, don't watch it being made. "rlol"
Yes, there is a reason I usually avoid listening to this part of the process, and I'm ok with actual sausage making!
I keep thinking;
  • If you don't understand the bill, then don't step up to the microphone.
  • If you don't understand current law as it pertains to the bill, then don't step up to the microphone.
  • If you do understand but are simply lying about it, then don't step up to the microphone.

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”