New special session

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

New special session

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I know that we are planning a new special session (I believe to begin September 20?). Does anyone know the scope of this session with regard to vaccine mandates?

Personally, I wish that we would go beyond merely saying that there will be no state / local vaccine mandates for employees and customers. I'd love to see Texas directly contradict Biden's new vaccine mandate and directly state that businesses in Texas are forbidden from imposing a vaccine mandate on either employees or customers. We need to go beyond merely suing the Federal government on this crap, and actually put them on the defensive where they need to sue us.

One concern here is with what happens while any case is being litigated. If businesses feel like they need to implement a mandate per the tyrant's decree, then I fear that the damage will be done, even if that mandate is ultimately determined to be unconstitutional.

Just my 2 cents here.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Re: New special session

Post by Beiruty »

Anti-Vax? I know it is a personal choice.
However, Even if the infection is asymptotic, are you worried about infecting your elders or any of your loved ones with compromised immune system?
How about if you get infected, recovered and had long term symptoms?
How about living with no taste or no smell?

Not everyone should get vaccinated, but it is still an advisable personal choice
Last edited by Beiruty on Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:19 pm I know that we are planning a new special session (I believe to begin September 20?). Does anyone know the scope of this session with regard to vaccine mandates?

Personally, I wish that we would go beyond merely saying that there will be no state / local vaccine mandates for employees and customers. I'd love to see Texas directly contradict Biden's new vaccine mandate and directly state that businesses in Texas are forbidden from imposing a vaccine mandate on either employees or customers. We need to go beyond merely suing the Federal government on this crap, and actually put them on the defensive where they need to sue us.

One concern here is with what happens while any case is being litigated. If businesses feel like they need to implement a mandate per the tyrant's decree, then I fear that the damage will be done, even if that mandate is ultimately determined to be unconstitutional.

Just my 2 cents here.

I believe the scope of this special session regards redistricting due to the new census data. Texas gained two Fed House seats.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I might get fired at work because my employer is planning on doing a vaccine mandate and I WILL NOT TAKE THE VACCINE!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The part of all this that just makes me want to break my leg off in a libtards butt is that unvaxed people are absolutely ZERO risk to vaxed people. If the vaccine works, why does a vaxed person give two hoots what anyone else does. If the vaccine doesn't work, then you are a complete moron if you think this and get the shot. Why get a vaccine you think does not work?

The real deal here is that masks, vaccines and business closures were NEVER about stopping china virus. It has ALWAYS been a power grab by the elitist power structure in Washington. These were all simply tests to see how much liberty Americans are willing to give up.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:44 am The part of all this that just makes me want to break my leg off in a libtards butt is that unvaxed people are absolutely ZERO risk to vaxed people. If the vaccine works, why does a vaxed person give two hoots what anyone else does. If the vaccine doesn't work, then you are a complete moron if you think this and get the shot. Why get a vaccine you think does not work?

The real deal here is that masks, vaccines and business closures were NEVER about stopping china virus. It has ALWAYS been a power grab by the elitist power structure in Washington. These were all simply tests to see how much liberty Americans are willing to give up.
Vax do work, it would reduce COVID-19 to flu-like case with no hospitalization and virtually 0 fatalities.
95% of the hospitalization are those who are not Vaccinated.

Delta Variant is 3-5X more contagious and the reproduction and growth in infected human is 1000X faster than the original COVID-19.
Symptoms would develop less than 24 hours after infection. Delta is contagious with or without symptoms. Each original COVID-19 could infect 1-2.8 others on average. Delta can infect 5-9 others on average.
Delta can easily infect kids at any age.

Anti-body blood infusion treatment does work too!

Mu Mutation is said to be resistant to any Anti-body treatment.
Beiruty,

03Lightningrocks

Beiruty wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:11 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:44 am The part of all this that just makes me want to break my leg off in a libtards butt is that unvaxed people are absolutely ZERO risk to vaxed people. If the vaccine works, why does a vaxed person give two hoots what anyone else does. If the vaccine doesn't work, then you are a complete moron if you think this and get the shot. Why get a vaccine you think does not work?

Vax do work, it would reduce COVID-19 to flu-like case with no hospitalization and virtually 0 fatalities.

Delta Variant is 3-5X more contagious and the reproduction and growth in infected human is 1000X faster than the original COVID-19.
Symptoms would develop less than 24 hours after infection. Delta is contagious with or without symptoms. Each original COVID-19 could infect 1-2.8 others on average. Delta can infect 5-9 others on average.

My comment was not meant to argue if vaccines work. It was meant to point out that any idiot who insists others be vaxed to protect themselves or others is ignorance on a scale grander than thinking we never landed on the moon. So vaccines work. Great. Then why act like a moron and worry about those who choose not to get them? Get one yourself, leave others alone to make their own decisions. You got vaxed. Your protected. Stop trying to tell others what to do..

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Beiruty wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:11 pmVax do work, it would reduce COVID-19 to flu-like case with no hospitalization and virtually 0 fatalities.
Is there a double-blind study verifying this premise?

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:46 pm

My comment was not meant to argue if vaccines work. It was meant to point out that any idiot who insists others be vaxed to protect themselves or others is ignorance on a scale grander than thinking we never landed on the moon. So vaccines work. Great. Then why act like a moron and worry about those who choose not to get them? Get one yourself, leave others alone to make their own decisions. You got vaxed. Your protected. Stop trying to tell others what to do..
:iagree:

Yeah. This. I got the shots and will get a booster if they are approved and most doctors recommend them. I got the shots to protect me, not the other guy. So what others choose is completely their own business. I think the vaccines are good for most people. But I really don't like the idea of having to walk around with my vaccine papers for every busybody to demand.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Beiruty,
I know of people who have died from the vaxx. I've read stories of more, and the stories of the ones who've survived the vaxx illnesses...and who do they go to for help?
How do we know what the vaxx prevents, you can't prove something like that.
Take a look at Israel, how well does the vaxx work?

Tracy
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

SewTexas wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:54 pm

Beiruty,
I know of people who have died from the vaxx. I've read stories of more, and the stories of the ones who've survived the vaxx illnesses...and who do they go to for help?

Tracy
The Vax would not stop infection. Vax would "train" the human immune system to fight the infection on the onset of the infection.
How does COVID-19 kill a person?
1) The infection starts taking hold in the body of the infected person
2) The immune system not familiar with the COVID-19 virus, would react violently late in the game, overloading the respiratory system with mucus flooding the air pathways. Thus, resulting in the suffocation of the patient.
3) COVID-19 has the ability to spread via blood vessels to major organs and once their blood would coagulate leading to major organ failures.

Note
After recovery from severe case of COVID-10, infected person's organs, lungs, and others would sustain irrecoverable damage
Beiruty,

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Beiruty wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:08 pm
SewTexas wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:54 pm

Beiruty,

Tracy
The Vax would not stop infection. Vax would "train" the human immune system to fight the infection on the onset of the infection.
How does COVID-19 kill a person?
1) The infection starts taking hold in the body of the infected person
2) The immune system not familiar with the COVID-19 virus, would react violently late in the game, overloading the respiratory system with mucus flooding the air pathways. Thus, resulting in the suffocation of the patient.
3) COVID-19 has the ability to spread via blood vessels to major organs and once their blood would coagulate leading to major organ failures.

Note
After recovery from severe case of COVID-10, infected person's organs, lungs, and others would sustain irrecoverable damage

the vaxx isn't a vaxx, it's a "virus suppressant" at best, but it's not a vaccine, and until people understand and accept that, we're talking different languages.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

extremist

Post by extremist »

Beiruty wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:11 pm Vax do work, it would reduce COVID-19 to flu-like case with no hospitalization and virtually 0 fatalities.
It's so unproductive to argue with people on this because of all the cognitive dissonance, but if what you say is true, how do you explain:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... erday.html

And how do you explain:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... vermectin/

No vaccines there.

Lines have been drawn, and you will not convince one side or the other what is the truth. If you want to get the vaccine go ahead. Just don't try and force those that don't want it to get it.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am not for sure how we came to the place in America that we FORCE people to take a vaccine on those who do not want it. The media has done a great scare factor each and everyday as it hits the airwaves. There are those who want to blame those who choose not to get the vaccine (their right by the way) for being the reason Covid is here. All fingers point to China and Dr. Fauci who has an monetary interest in the Covid trials. Not only that, but the good doctor has been caught in so many lies. You can’t believe him if his tongue came notarized. To each his on and stay out of other folks lives.

03Lightningrocks

carlson1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:33 pm I am not for sure how we came to the place in America that we FORCE people to take a vaccine on those who do not want it. The media has done a great scare factor each and everyday as it hits the airwaves. There are those who want to blame those who choose not to get the vaccine (their right by the way) for being the reason Covid is here. All fingers point to China and Dr. Fauci who has an monetary interest in the Covid trials. Not only that, but the good doctor has been caught in so many lies. You can’t believe him if his tongue came notarized. To each his on and stay out of other folks lives.
:iagree: AMAN!

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”