New California AWB passes into law.

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: New California AWB passes into law.

Post by C-dub »

ELB wrote:
Lena wrote:no provisions for already owned ?
And what's worse, IIRC all the "assault rifles" that are at the moment legally owned are registered with the state government. They know who has them.

If I were a gunowner in the Peoples' Republic, I would be figuring out a way to show my guns had left the state.
Or just take my guns and leave the state all together.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

This makes all semi-auto rifles such as the 742 Remington, Model 100 Winchester, Browning BAR illegal as well as many others. I can't imagine this will not be defeated when challenged in courts.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

ELB wrote:
And what's worse, IIRC all the "assault rifles" that are at the moment legally owned are registered with the state government. They know who has them.

If I were a gunowner in the Peoples' Republic, I would be figuring out a way to show my guns had left the state.
Ease of confiscation is the whole point of registration

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

ELB wrote:

I wonder about the logistics and legality of offering a gun storage business in a place like Nevada for those who are subject to these unconstitutional laws in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. Nevada is driving distance from LA, so people wouldn't even have to ship their weapons, and the business could offer regular preventive maintenance services as part of their fee.

Lena

Post by Lena »

In all honesty if possible I would leave the state.
Stay Safe

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

I will be glad to take all of my brother's "banned weapons" for my own since he loves Commiefornia.

madwildcat

Post by madwildcat »

puma guy wrote:This makes all semi-auto rifles such as the 742 Remington, Model 100 Winchester, Browning BAR illegal as well as many others. I can't imagine this will not be defeated when challenged in courts.
The interesting thing will be to see how it is handled until then. I agree there would be good chance of it being defeated in the courts eventually, but what happens until then? And if they have a list of all the registered weapons, would the storage in Nevada option really be viable?

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

puma guy wrote:This makes all semi-auto rifles such as the 742 Remington, Model 100 Winchester, Browning BAR illegal as well as many others. I can't imagine this will not be defeated when challenged in courts.
Don't forget it will have to go through the 9th Circus Court who will rule the law is constitutional because, "ice cream has no bones".
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Pawpaw wrote:
Don't forget it will have to go through the 9th Circus Court who will rule the law is constitutional because, "ice cream has no bones".
And like I pointed out earlier in this thread, SCOTUS declined to take up the Illinois AWB case, even with Scalia still alive and on the bench. What makes you think they would take up this case?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
And like I pointed out earlier in this thread, SCOTUS declined to take up the Illinois AWB case, even with Scalia still alive and on the bench. What makes you think they would take up this case?
I am hoping since the 4th Circuit Court struck down Maryland's AWB and High Capacity ban there may be some hope. We'll have to wait and see what happens when/if MD appeals I suppose.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

puma guy wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
I am hoping since the 4th Circuit Court struck down Maryland's AWB and High Capacity ban there may be some hope. We'll have to wait and see what happens when/if MD appeals I suppose.
Since it hasn't gone to the 9th circuit yet, wouldn't the earliest the SCOTUS would make a decision on whether or not they would hear it at all come this session and then they would hear it during the next session?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Every day I have less and less of a desire to visit that state.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote:
puma guy wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
Since it hasn't gone to the 9th circuit yet, wouldn't the earliest the SCOTUS would make a decision on whether or not they would hear it at all come this session and then they would hear it during the next session?
I am not familiar with California legislative procedure, so perhaps TAM can provide some insight. By what I can determine the bills passed by committee votes. I don't know where the general assembly comes in, if they do at all at this point. I assume any challenges would go through the California court system first.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

puma guy wrote:
C-dub wrote:
puma guy wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
I am not familiar with California legislative procedure, so perhaps TAM can provide some insight. By what I can determine the bills passed by committee votes. I don't know where the general assembly comes in, if they do at all at this point. I assume any challenges would go through the California court system first.
The California Supreme Court is a product of the same political environment that produced these bills.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
puma guy wrote:
C-dub wrote:
puma guy wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
The California Supreme Court is a product of the same political environment that produced these bills.
I have no doubt you're correct. Just pointing out it would have to go through their system which I have no faith in either. Are the bills required to go to the general assembly for a vote after the committee?

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”