Seattle gun tax failure? Firearm sales plummet, violence spikes after law passes

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Mysguidednlv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Seattle gun tax failure? Firearm sales plummet, violence spikes after law passes

Post by Mysguidednlv »

It is a shame that the city has become what it is now... it is one of the most beautiful areas in the country. That being said, it has a nasty underbelly that no one there wants to talk about. Drug violence, lots of homeless...

Glad I left in 2009, it's only gotten worse.

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Seattle gun tax failure? Firearm sales plummet, violence spikes after law passes

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Seems a common theme when it comes to Democrats and Taxes...

Residents Are Leaving CT By The Tens of Thousands

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/resident ... dVsg%3D%3D
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

When I was a kid 5 or 6 years old, we lived in the agricultural country near Modesto, CA. It was a beautiful place, with dairy cows and farms and flowers everywhere, and we loved going to Modesto. Now Modesto is a gang-infested sewer, one of the worst places in the country. Sad. Guess they need stricter gun laws, eh?
-Ruark

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I lived in Seattle for almost half my life. Left there in 2007 and have only been back on occasion to visit family. It really is a beautiful area with a lot of great people. But there is a pervasive liberal mindset there.

Seattle has a basic geography problem when it comes to their ability to impose taxes and raise the minimum wage, etc. The city is very small in area, and most of the people who work in the city limits actually live in other cities. So when they decide to tax guns, people just buy a gun in the city where they live. When Seattle decides to raise the minimum wage, people respond to higher restaurant prices by eating dinner at a restaurant that is in another city. It is the same for other goods and services.

Fortunately, the rest of the state tends to be more conservative, especially as you get to the eastern part. Seattle is kind of like Austin in that regard. Except that Seattle is the largest city in Washington state.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I lived in Seattle for almost half my life. Left there in 2007 and have only been back on occasion to visit family. It really is a beautiful area with a lot of great people. But there is a pervasive liberal mindset there.

Seattle has a basic geography problem when it comes to their ability to impose taxes and raise the minimum wage, etc. The city is very small in area, and most of the people who work in the city limits actually live in other cities. So when they decide to tax guns, people just buy a gun in the city where they live. When Seattle decides to raise the minimum wage, people respond to higher restaurant prices by eating dinner at a restaurant that is in another city. It is the same for other goods and services.

Fortunately, the rest of the state tends to be more conservative, especially as you get to the eastern part. Seattle is kind of like Austin in that regard. Except that Seattle is the largest city in Washington state.
Eventually enough people will leave the city of Seattle to settle in other areas, then vote in the exact kind of people in their new area who ruined Seattle in the first place.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”