Straus not running for a new term.

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

tbrown
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Straus not running for a new term.

Post by tbrown »

CleverNickname wrote:
tbrown wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:Great! Hopefully we can get Phil King in there and crank the Conservativism up to 11
11 out of 100 may be better than Straus but don't you think Texas should aim a little higher?
I guess you've never watched Spinal Tap and missed the reference.
I know the movie and got the reference but I also know the Texas legislature.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rtschl »

Sorry that this thread is being revived, but Joe Strauss is coming back. Not to the House as a representative, but creating a PAC... :shock:

“We are launching this effort because I believe Texas needs leaders who are forward-looking and dedicated to bringing creative, problem-solving ideas to the new challenges our state faces as our population rapidly grows,” Straus said. “It’s time to unite Texas in civic participation and ensure our next decades are the very best in our long, proud history.”

https://s29017.pcdn.co/state/joe-straus ... um=twitter
Ron
NRA Member

Grumpy1993
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grumpy1993 »

rtschl wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:26 am Sorry that this thread is being revived, but Joe Strauss is coming back. Not to the House as a representative, but creating a PAC... :shock:

“We are launching this effort because I believe Texas needs leaders who are forward-looking and dedicated to bringing creative, problem-solving ideas to the new challenges our state faces as our population rapidly grows,” Straus said. “It’s time to unite Texas in civic participation and ensure our next decades are the very best in our long, proud history.”
It sounds like JOE is still upset BETO lost to TED last year.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

joe817

Post by joe817 »

rtschl wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:26 am Sorry that this thread is being revived, but Joe Strauss is coming back. Not to the House as a representative, but creating a PAC... :shock:

https://s29017.pcdn.co/state/joe-straus ... um=twitter
Interesting article. Thanks for posting. From the article: "But with nearly $8 million in his campaign account, and very little of it spent during the 2018 elections to fight against the Democrat’s “blue wave”, observers have expected a return to the political field for Straus. With the creation of his new PAC, Straus appears to show a desire once again to be politically relevant in Texas."

Sounds to me like he's wanting to strengthen/deepen his ties with the democratic party here in Texas. :grumble
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

The best way to get people to participate in their communities is to reduce the size and footprint of the government. Once something becomes the "government's" responsibility the "people" back away from it.
Why do I not believe Straus' PAC will be promoting a reduction in government?

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”