NRA and Red Flag Laws

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA and Red Flag Laws

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

thatguyoverthere wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:01 pm Then there's this. The NRA apparently does support red flag laws at the state level, as long as they meet the conditions of what NRA considers fair "due process."
As states consider ERPO laws, the NRA will continue to push for the inclusion of strong due process protections.
Notice it doesn't say the NRA will fight against them - but rather, just try to make sure they are to their liking.

This from the NRA-ILA web site just now, at this link:
https://www.nraila.org/get-the-facts/em ... ers-erpos/
Texas already has a mental health based "red flag law." The NRA will not support any bill that does not have a mental health element. (See the link in the above-quoted post.) Chris Cox is gone.

Chas.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA and Red Flag Laws

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I don't think the red flag laws would have done a thing to stop any one of the last three shooters. Politicians know this too. They are simply trying to come up with a way of appearing to do something.

I fear we are in trouble my friends. Even if they don't win on this one, at some point the dems will have control again and we will see drastic action. I hope we are ready.

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”