Early Voting

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Early Voting

Post by powerboatr »

My wife and I voted today. wait was about 30 mins to get in building, then it moved fast and we were done before we knew it.

outside there was est. 45-50 folks waiting, and when we went back bay later after the range there was a similar sized crowd.

they also had HONK you horn and they would bring out a ballot if you were to disabled to wait in line or scared of the crowd?

had 40 machines in the voting room
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 23

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

BigGuy wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:46 pm I'm off early on Friday's. (1500) When I got home, the significant other "suggested" we go vote, as this will likely be a time when we won't have to wait on other voters. After a LOT of consternation about where our voter registration cards were, (We eventually found them.) we got in the pickup and headed to the Bi-State Justice Building, where we have always early voted.
Uhh ..... It ain't there anymore. There is a sign on the door.
Now we have to drive across town to another sight. (Signs posted on the door.) >SIGH!<
OK, we drive cross town and see a parking lot FULL of vehicles. I figure it will be hours.
I must admit, they were efficient and moved us through pretty quickly. We were there less than a half-an-hour.
If I had any doubts about voting, Slow Joe was on the telly blathering about how he would "turn around Donald Trump's failing economy."
I damn near ran some people over trying to get to the polls after that.
Done my part for America, as did the missus. Praying for the best.
Speaking of registration cards. I had mine all ready to proudly display to the poll worker. They scanned the back of my license and it showed everything they needed. I can still remember when it took them 5 minutes just to look you up on the rolls. Modern technology! Wow! Next thing you know they will have phones with no cords.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Voted early on Thursday. The building I work in contains a polling location. An hour after lunch I strolled down the hall. 3 people engaged in voting when I walked in, the two ladys who entered about 15 feet in front of me were shown to machines in short order. About 3 minutes after dropping my voter registration and drivers license on the table, I was at a machine and working thru the list. Because of the number of races on the ballot, voting was the longest part of the whole process. :thumbs2:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:42 pm Voted early on Thursday. The building I work in contains a polling location. An hour after lunch I strolled down the hall. 3 people engaged in voting when I walked in, the two ladys who entered about 15 feet in front of me were shown to machines in short order. About 3 minutes after dropping my voter registration and drivers license on the table, I was at a machine and working thru the list. Because of the number of races on the ballot, voting was the longest part of the whole process. :thumbs2:
I went shortly after lunch on Friday, the line wasn't too bad and voting did take longer than the wait. The longest wait I've had regarding voting is the wait to shoot the Glock 41 I bought afterwards to celebrate voting.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Went today in Plano. No waiting. Everyone was pleasant.

strogg
Posts in topic: 6

Post by strogg »

Early voting was the busiest Tue-Thurs. Yesterday, it was still bad, but not as bad with average wait times of about 30 minutes at the Carrollton Public Library.

Today, there was no more than a 5 minute wait. Most of the time, there was no wait at all. Let's see what next week brings.

03Lightningrocks

Check out these numbers. People are turning out like never before.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

My wife and I voted early, me day 1 and she day 2.

03Lightningrocks

Latest Numbers!

03Lightningrocks

Justice Roberts shows his liberal colors once again.
CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS SIDES WITH LIBERALS, ALLOWS THREE-DAY EXTENSION FOR THE RECEIPT OF PENNSYLVANIA MAIL-IN BALLOTS
https://mediarightnews.com/chief-justic ... l6XDjDVfyI

03Lightningrocks

More early voting issues.
Dozens Of Ballots Damaged In Ballot Drop Box Fire In Baldwin Park, FBI Investigating
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/10 ... -election/

Rafe
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Rafe »

Here is probably not the place for this, but I can't figure out where else to put it. And I gotta get it off my chest.

I have a friend of many years who is a poll worker in Montgomery County. She's been working full days since early voting started, and it's all she can do to force herself to stay apolitical on the job. Spoke to her last night and part of the conversation went like this:

Her: "What infuriates me--but I have to stay smiling and neutral--is the people coming in who have obviously been ordered to vote a specific way by their boss or landlord or whomever."

Me: "Ordered? As in a strawman vote?"

Her: "Exactly."

Me: "How do you know that? I mean, how can you tell?"

Her: "Well, they're clearly immigrants. Some speak only passable English. But they're coming in with paper sample ballots already marked up for them."

Me: "But, for every recent election, I've always taken paper in with me. If not a sample ballot, then a sheet indicating how I've decided to vote for down-ticket positions. I mean, I try to do thorough research, but for things like circuit and district judges...well, I'd never remember them all."

Her: "This isn't that. Somebody is handing them a filled-in sample ballot and ordering them to vote that way."

Me: "Have they told you that's what's happening?"

Her: "No. But that's exactly what's happening. They're being pressured into voting a certain way by someone who has power over them."

Me: "That...that's really hard to grasp. Sounds more like a third-world country. But, I mean, how do you know that's what's happening?"

Her: "Because I can read some of the ballot choices on their papers while I'm checking them in."

Me: "And?"

Her: "There's no more straight-ticket voting. So they're being told who to vote for. The ballots are for Trump and Republicans!"

Me: "But why does that mean they've been forced into voting a certain way?"

Her: "Good grief! Because they're immigrants! This is probably their first time to vote in America."

Me: "I'm still lost. Why is that evidence that someone is forcing them to vote that way?"

Her: (Pause) "Are you being serious? They're immigrants! There's no way on earth they'd be voting for Donald Trump!"

Me: (Pause) "So... What's your shift tomorrow? You have to be there at 6:00 a.m. again to start setting up?"
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

LDB415
Posts in topic: 4

Post by LDB415 »

There's more to this? It seems incomplete.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

Most immigrants cant legallyvote based on immigration or citizenship status... your "tolerant and apolitical" friend is mistaking or projecting on non english speakers. Maybe they researched each and wrote it down who they wanted to vote for, so as not to be swayed by idiotic poll workers who want to believe the left will save them.

Reminds me of a classic quote... "With friends like that, who needs enemies?"

Sorry Rafe, your friend got under my craw. :tiphat:

Rafe
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Rafe »

LDB415 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:54 pm There's more to this? It seems incomplete.
Nope. The last line was me rapidly changing the subject so that we wouldn't get into a fire-and-brimstone argument.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”