It kinda is...

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

It kinda is...

Post by jmorris »

Got an email from this organization this morning.
https://lockarmsforlife.org/

It read...

The License to Carry Law is Now at Risk in the Texas Legislature. Your Training Business is at Risk Too.

The Texas Legislature is currently hearing unlicensed or permitless carry bills that would remove the requirements for LTC training. The new bills will allow any adult to carry firearm without legal and safety education. If the LTC becomes optional, your training business will be severely impacted.

Everyone will be at Greater Risk

The current LTC law benefits all Texans, because it ensures that gun owners are properly trained and understand the law. If the new permitless carry bills become law, everyone will be at greater risk of suffering from grave and deadly mistakes.

If you are concerned about your business and agree that permitless carry is a bad idea, please join us in convincing the Texas Legislature to say NO to these bills.

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO ADD YOUR VOICE

Thank you,
Lock Arms for Life
2303 RR 620 S, Ste. 160 Box 152 
Lakeway, Texas 78734
‐-------------‐--------------‐-------------‐--------------‐-------------‐--------------‐-------------‐--------------‐-------------‐--------------‐-------------‐--------------‐-------------‐--------------
Yeah, I'll probably stop teaching, LTC at least, but I don't think I'll mind.. I do it for pocket money and the more LTCs the better.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

Re: It kinda is...

Post by Papa_Tiger »

jmorris wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:43 pm Got an email from this organization this morning.

It read...

The License to Carry Law is Now at Risk in the Texas Legislature. Your Training Business is at Risk Too.

The Texas Legislature is currently hearing unlicensed or permitless carry bills that would remove the requirements for LTC training. The new bills will allow any adult to carry firearm without legal and safety education. If the LTC becomes optional, your training business will be severely impacted.

The current LTC law benefits all Texans, because it ensures that gun owners are properly trained and understand the law. If the new permitless carry bills become law, everyone will be at greater risk of suffering from grave and deadly mistakes.

If you are concerned about your business and agree that permitless carry is a bad idea, please join us in convincing the Texas Legislature to say NO to these bills.

Thank you,
Lock Arms for Life
Lakeway, Texas 78734
‐-------------‐--------------‐-------------‐--------------‐-------------‐--------------‐-------------‐--------------‐-------------‐--------------‐-------------‐--------------‐-------------‐--------------
Yeah, I'll probably stop teaching, LTC at least, but I don't think I'll mind.. I do it for pocket money and the more LTCs the better.
Wow. What a terrible and myopic viewpoint. "This will kill my business, so freedom must suffer! While we're at it, let's trot out more 'blood in the streets!' arguments."

I can guarantee you that there are LOTS of LTCs out there now that don't understand the law with its current complexities.

Hmmm - Texas Gun Sense is one of their partners.
https://lockarmsforlife.org/our-mission/partners/

Topic author
jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmorris »

Papa_Tiger wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:02 pm
jmorris wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:43 pm .......
Wow. What a terrible and myopic viewpoint. "This will kill my business, so freedom must suffer! While we're at it, let's trot out more 'blood in the streets!' arguments."

I can guarantee you that there are LOTS of LTCs out there now that don't understand the law with its current complexities.

Wonder if DPS actually supports them? And Cedar Park gun range? Just glancing at them it seems like a legit org but looking closer....
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

jmorris wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:43 pm

Yeah HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM??????

I can't fault them for their advocacy of safe gun storage but if you dig deep into the website this is a squishy-feely organization and I don't think they have the Second's best intentions at heart.

From a blog post about an NRA raffle.
https://lockarmsforlife.org/my-first-of ... m-the-nra/
The NRA wants to give me guns as sweepstakes prize. They do have a prize in the sweepstakes I would like to have, but it’s probably not for the reasons they think.
Last week in my mail was a sweepstakes envelope from the NRA. I stared at the glossy emblazoned mailer that included an early entry bonus prize. I could win a 36-Gun Grand Prize! I stared at the envelope from Fairfax, Virginia, and turned it over in my hands. I know I’m a new NRA member, but a gun giveaway? How many school shootings have there been since the start of the new year? I read it’s now 10. My skin crawls, and I refuse to look inside of the envelope. I hadn’t thought of guns as a prize. For the last nine years I’ve thought about them being safer in our world.
Here you go from Texas Gun "Non"Sense
Texas Gun Sense will be working with policy makers during the 2021 legislative session to make sure that Texas passes gun-related bills that address gun safety and gun violence prevention. Texas Gun Sense priorities for the 2021 legislative session:

Universal Background Checks: Every gun sale in Texas should be subject to a background check, with appropriate exceptions.
Extreme Risk Protection Orders: Allowing civil court judges to keep families and communities safe by restricting access to firearms for persons at extreme risk of suicide or homicide.
Safe storage of firearms: Renewing the funding for the Texas Department of Public Safety safe firearm storage campaign, Keep ‘Em Safe Texas.
Also, we will work for passage of common-sense, evidence-based gun-related bills that will make Texans safer. We will work to defeat gun-related bills that jeopardize the safety of Texans.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

OK, I was in the committee hearing regarding Permitless Carry. I heard all the pro and con. As an LTC Instructor and NRA Instructor, I am very much in favor of training. That said, The first person to testify on this was Dr. John Lott. I think most folks will recognize the name. Dr. Lott stated that he was not testifying for or against the bill, but was testifying ON the bill. He stated that he was a statistician and was only presenting facts. Among the facts Dr. Lott presented were that those states which had enacted a Permitless Carry system did NOT see an increase in firearms accidents or in persons arrested for illegally carrying a firearm. What they did see was actually (after the first few months and the novelty wore off) an increase in the number of people obtaining a license (he was specifically speaking about Arizona and Indiana). The reason for this was threefold: #1 the License provided for reciprocity in other states, #2 The License allowed the holder to bypass the NICS check and #3 Many carriers realized that if they were carrying regularly that more training and education was needed.

I was initially ambivalent about permitless carry, but have come around to being in favor. In order to be LEGAL with permitless carry, the carrier still must be legally eligible to purchase and carry a firearm.

If it impacts my LTC business, so what. Hopefully I can make up for that with folks taking my advanced classes
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Syntyr provided this from Texas Gun Sense:
Universal Background Checks: Every gun sale in Texas should be subject to a background check, with appropriate exceptions.
Extreme Risk Protection Orders: Allowing civil court judges to keep families and communities safe by restricting access to firearms for persons at extreme risk of suicide or homicide.
Safe storage of firearms: Renewing the funding for the Texas Department of Public Safety safe firearm storage campaign, Keep ‘Em Safe Texas.
Also, we will work for passage of common-sense, evidence-based gun-related bills that will make Texans safer. We will work to defeat gun-related bills that jeopardize the safety of Texans.
Let's look at this shall we?
Universal Background Checks:
Translation: Criminalize the transfer of private property. Make it impossible to loan a gun to a hunting buddy and pave the way for universal registration.
Extreme Risk Protection Orders
AKA Red Flag Laws. Empowers the government to take away your property without convicting you of a crime. You are guilty until proven innocent. The burden of proof is on you.
Safe storage of firearms
Translation: Prosecute the victim of a crime as if they were the criminal.

Just another Brady Bunch / HCI / Everytown

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

jmorris wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:43 pm Got an email from this organization this morning.

It read...

Thank you,
Lock Arms for Life
Lakeway, Texas 78734

Maybe get a list of the LTC instructors who are members, and then publicly shame them for placing their income ahead of their defense of the 2A.....then let the market play out.

I have to believe that a business savvy instructor could pivot and grow the Basic Handgun instruction side of his business, to accommodate all of the millions of new first time gun buyers who’ve purchased their first gun in 2020/2021, and who desperately need to learn how not to accidentally shoot off their pinky toe.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

This just sounds like a bunch of gun grabbers masquerading as instructors. People can already carry a gun on their property, or property they control, or in their vehicle, with no training. All this does is allow them to legally, get out of their car and go into the store with their gun.
I am a huge advocate of training. But I am a huge opponent of it being government mandated.
I think most people who are LTC holders will continue to keep theirs, to allow them to carry in other States, as well as bypass the background check at POS. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Jusme wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:58 am This just sounds like a bunch of gun grabbers masquerading as instructors. People can already carry a gun on their property, or property they control, or in their vehicle, with no training. All this does is allow them to legally, get out of their car and go into the store with their gun.
I am a huge advocate of training. But I am a huge opponent of it being government mandated.
I think most people who are LTC holders will continue to keep theirs, to allow them to carry in other States, as well as bypass the background check at POS. JMHO
THIS ^^^^
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”