We are not alone

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stever1950
Posts in topic: 1

We are not alone

Post by stever1950 »

I read and respond to many anti gun questions on Quora. I just read one with a very interesting answer I would like to share.

Should Americans really care what foreigners think of our Second Amendment gun ownership rights?

Stefan Metzeler, Fighting for gun rights since 1990. Swiss army & Body-guard grade gun training.

I'm Swiss. We have almost as many guns per household as the US. I probably have more guns than the average American.
My biggest regret is that we did not have a 2nd Amendment to protect us against political meddling. In 1999, they took away our right to carry guns as we see fit and since then, our violent crime rates have exploded. We now have at least 600% more violent crime than in 1998. And all this ... to please foreigners!
The only reason our rights were restricted was because our neighbors don't know the benefits of a gun culture.
As everyone could see, extremely strict gun laws did not prevent a bunch of Jihadis from gunning down close to 200 people in Paris, with AK-47s, killing 130 of them, severely wounding the others.
As many Israelis observed, in their country, those terrorists would have been stopped by members of the audience within 1 minute.
Inside the Bataclan, all help came too late, as all the survivors who had merely been wounded by gun shots or who had been hiding had been stabbed to death by the terrorists, given that the police waited for 2 HOURS before they finally responded. Only people shot outside the Bataclan in other attacks survived.
Remember that in the Las Vegas shooting, more than 450 people were wounded, but “only” 65 died, half as many as at the Bataclan. So about 15% of all gun shot wounds were deadly, although the attacker was shooting at a compact crowd - and there is evidence that multiple attackers were involved, based on witness statements and a sound analysis of recordings of the event.
The Nice truck attack was also more deadly than the Las Vegas attack, killing 86 people and wounding 458. Yes, with ONE truck!
Guns are far better as defensive than offensive weapons.
Attackers always choose locations where victims are unable to defend themselves - in Las Vegas by attacking an exposed crowd from long range, but 96.2% of the time in “gun free zones”:
NEVER, EVER give up your gun rights, in the US!!!
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Re: We are not alone

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I've read a couple articles and responses like this one from Switzerland.

A good read: https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018042 ... witzerland
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

BBYC

Re: We are not alone

Post by BBYC »

God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”