Speaker Bonnen's betrayal of Texas gun-owners

This sub-forum will open on Sept. 1, 2018

Moderators: Keith B, Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Bill Anderson
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:02 pm

Re: Speaker Bonnen's betrayal of Texas gun-owners

#106

Post by Bill Anderson » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:21 pm



EnyoTX
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Re: Speaker Bonnen's betrayal of Texas gun-owners

#107

Post by EnyoTX » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Moms Demand is at the capitol today. They also bussed in people from out of town. They'll no doubt be greeted warmly by certain Committee Chairs.

Image

Image


1911 Raptor
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:56 am

Re: Speaker Bonnen's betrayal of Texas gun-owners

#108

Post by 1911 Raptor » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:44 am

EnyoTX wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:16 pm
Moms Demand is at the capitol today. They also bussed in people from out of town. They'll no doubt be greeted warmly by certain Committee Chairs.

Image

Image
The squeaky wheel gets oil. While we sit around and do nothing. Would be nice to have a rally of our own on a Saturday.

I would attend.


K.Mooneyham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1799
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Vernon, Texas

Re: Speaker Bonnen's betrayal of Texas gun-owners

#109

Post by K.Mooneyham » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:04 pm

Much easier to attend rallies when big money groups pay for you to go there. Most of us pro-2A folks have jobs, and bills to pay, and no one footing the bill for us to go to the Capitol.

User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2463
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Speaker Bonnen's betrayal of Texas gun-owners

#110

Post by Paladin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:06 pm

1911 Raptor wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:44 am
EnyoTX wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:16 pm
Moms Demand is at the capitol today. They also bussed in people from out of town. They'll no doubt be greeted warmly by certain Committee Chairs.

Image

Image
The squeaky wheel gets oil. While we sit around and do nothing. Would be nice to have a rally of our own on a Saturday.

I would attend.
Good idea!

Fitting that the gun grabbers wore commie red.

Image
NRA Patron Life, TSRA Life, GOA Life Member
Texas State Guard


Jeff Barriault
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: Santa Fe
Contact:

Re: Speaker Bonnen's betrayal of Texas gun-owners

#111

Post by Jeff Barriault » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:10 am

I am most interested in SB117 this session. This is the bill that clarifies the school activity law that the Houston, Galveston County, and Brazoria County fair and rodeos have been hiding behind to post illegal 30.06 signs. Over the last couple years I have filed several complaints on these, but still see illegal 30.06 signs at the Houston Rodeo. The year before last Mark Henry actually contacted me concerning the Galveston County rodeo and had the signs removed without me having to file a complaint with the attorney general’s office. I’ve been on a crusade on this for the last few years so this bill is important to me.

I noticed that this bill is already moving. It has been read and referred to State Affairs. This is actually encouraging to me. Although I live in Bonnen’s district, I really haven’t thought much about him. He has always supported things that were important to me.

Perhaps we are overreacting. I don’t know. We will have to see how this session unfolds. If SB117 passes, I will consider it a huge success for our 2A rights. I’m growing weary of filing complaints that aren’t being addressed because of a loophole in the law that this bill should fix.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 24301
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Speaker Bonnen's betrayal of Texas gun-owners

#112

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:34 pm

Jeff Barriault wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:10 am
Perhaps we are overreacting. I don’t know. We will have to see how this session unfolds. If SB117 passes, I will consider it a huge success for our 2A rights. I’m growing weary of filing complaints that aren’t being addressed because of a loophole in the law that this bill should fix.
Yeah, we’ll find out definitively what putting venemously anti-gun democrats into the chairmanships of the committees which usually process gun legistiaion will do for us. Any negative result will be 100% on Bonnen’s shoulders. He didn’t HAVE to give hard lefties control of those committees.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy


roadkill
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: Speaker Bonnen's betrayal of Texas gun-owners

#113

Post by roadkill » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:14 pm

Jeff Barriault wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:10 am
I am most interested in SB117 this session. This is the bill that clarifies the school activity law that the Houston, Galveston County, and Brazoria County fair and rodeos have been hiding behind to post illegal 30.06 signs. Over the last couple years I have filed several complaints on these, but still see illegal 30.06 signs at the Houston Rodeo. The year before last Mark Henry actually contacted me concerning the Galveston County rodeo and had the signs removed without me having to file a complaint with the attorney general’s office. I’ve been on a crusade on this for the last few years so this bill is important to me.

I noticed that this bill is already moving. It has been read and referred to State Affairs. This is actually encouraging to me. Although I live in Bonnen’s district, I really haven’t thought much about him. He has always supported things that were important to me.

Perhaps we are overreacting. I don’t know. We will have to see how this session unfolds. If SB117 passes, I will consider it a huge success for our 2A rights. I’m growing weary of filing complaints that aren’t being addressed because of a loophole in the law that this bill should fix.
Same with the San Antonio rodeo. This year I noticed they were randomly wanding people coming in. I’m willing to bet if this passes they’ll just not post but still deny entry if you set off a wand or the detector. How does one remedy that? It’s happening now at concerts and other venues with no clear remedy in sight. Disarm and enter or stay out and be irritated. Gonna probably take someone with money to file suit to get these incidences to stop. If you get them afraid of being sued and loosing thousands if not millions every time they violate someone’s rights maybe things will change. For now I’m just not that confident it will.

User avatar

joe817
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 8214
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 7:13 pm
Location: Arlington

Re: Speaker Bonnen's betrayal of Texas gun-owners

#114

Post by joe817 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:13 pm

Aren't these rodeos classified as professional sporting events anyway, which by statute is prohibited from carrying anyway?
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

User avatar

Vol Texan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1849
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 am
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Speaker Bonnen's betrayal of Texas gun-owners

#115

Post by Vol Texan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:17 pm

joe817 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:13 pm
Aren't these rodeos classified as professional sporting events anyway, which by statute is prohibited from carrying anyway?
Sure, the rodeo proper is. But not the livestock show, carnival rides, or concerts.
Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor & NRA Pistol Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Armored Cav. | Tennessee Squire

User avatar

joe817
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 8214
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 7:13 pm
Location: Arlington

Re: Speaker Bonnen's betrayal of Texas gun-owners

#116

Post by joe817 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:38 pm

Vol Texan wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:17 pm
joe817 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:13 pm
Aren't these rodeos classified as professional sporting events anyway, which by statute is prohibited from carrying anyway?
Sure, the rodeo proper is. But not the livestock show, carnival rides, or concerts.
:iagree: :tiphat: Same as it is at the Ft.Worth Fat Stock Show and Exhibition.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Post Reply

Return to “2019 Texas Legislative Session”