This sub-forum will open on Sept. 1, 2018

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

TFC Bill Status Report published

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The TFC Bill Status Report for the 2019 Texas Legislative Session has been posted. A color coded version with links to the bills is available on the Texas Firearms Coalition website. The syntax required to create links and to color font is different on the TFC website than it is here on the Forum and I don't have time to create and update two different versions. The color coded version is much easier to use, so I strongly suggest using it rather than the one posted here on the Forum.

I will be doing TFC Podcasts on the more important/helpful/dangerous bills. This will allow me to analyze and discuss these bills in far greater depth than I can include in a bill status report. If you want to discuss specific bills, just start a separate thread for each bill. The Bill Status Report thread is locked so that it will be much easier for people to check it, if they choose to use the Forum version rather than the TFC version.

Chas.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TFC Bill Status Report published

Post by Jusme »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:12 pm The TFC Bill Status Report for the 2019 Texas Legislative Session has been posted. A color coded version with links to the bills is available on the Texas Firearms Coalition website. The syntax required to create links and to color font is different on the TFC website than it is here on the Forum and I don't have time to create and update two different versions. The color coded version is much easier to use, so I strongly suggest using it rather than the one posted here on the Forum.

I will be doing TFC Podcasts on the more important/helpful/dangerous bills. This will allow me to analyze and discuss these bills in far greater depth than I can include in a bill status report. If you want to discuss specific bills, just start a separate thread for each bill. The Bill Status Report thread is locked so that it will be much easier for people to check it, if they choose to use the Forum version rather than the TFC version.

Chas.
Thanks Charles, as always, you go above and beyond to keep us on top of a sometimes, impossible list, of bills, and propositions, that cause my eyes to glaze over after just a few minutes. :thumbs2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Let me second that. It's an invaluable resource.

Many thanks for the time and effort that goes into keeping the status report updated and available to the public.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

omegaman

Post by omegaman »

Thank you Charles. I am reading the version on your TFC website now. I appreciate all your hard work to keep us informed.

ELB

Post by ELB »

I see HB 357 doesn't have a summary yet on the TFC site, altho it's list at the top as being tracked. I assume it's still undergoing analysis?

BTW, did Stickland specifically request that number for the bill? Can that be done?
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

ELB wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:10 pm I see HB 357 doesn't have a summary yet on the TFC site, altho it's list at the top as being tracked. I assume it's still undergoing analysis?

BTW, did Stickland specifically request that number for the bill? Can that be done?
It's going to take a while to fully analyze the Bill due to its scope. There's no way I can so a summary that covers everything the Bill would change, so I'll just hit the high t points. I'm going to do a TFC Podcast covering it.

Chas.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:02 pm
ELB wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:10 pm I see HB 357 doesn't have a summary yet on the TFC site, altho it's list at the top as being tracked. I assume it's still undergoing analysis?

It's going to take a while to fully analyze the Bill due to its scope. There's no way I can so a summary that covers everything the Bill would change, so I'll just hit the high t points. I'm going to do a TFC Podcast covering it.

Chas.
Thanks!
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “2019 Texas Legislative Session”