Page 1 of 1

HB 2280 - 8.5x11" MAX Gunbuster 30.06/7 Signs

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:38 pm
by Papa_Tiger
https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/Hi ... ill=HB2280

Yet another attempt to minimize the size of legal 30.06/7 notification. Has some additional protections such as legibility, conspicuousness, not being obstructed or altered in any way, posting at each public exterior entrance and required replacement if it is illegible, but still results in it becoming easier for businesses to legally prohibit concealed or open carry of firearms especially since the maximum size that the sign can be is 8.5" x 11" and printable from the internet.

Would it be invalid if the color of the circle/slash in the pictogram isn't RED, but a faded pink?

Re: HB 2280 - 8.5x11" MAX Gunbuster 30.06/7 Signs

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:10 pm
by TexasJohnBoy
Scheduled for public hearing on 4/3/19

Re: HB 2280 - 8.5x11" MAX Gunbuster 30.06/7 Signs

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:45 pm
by C-dub
I would like to see someone submit a bill that doubles the required text size and specifies that the text cannot be placed on glass windows or doors and must be either black on white, white on black, red on white, or white on red. Introduce that!

Re: HB 2280 - 8.5x11" MAX Gunbuster 30.06/7 Signs

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:13 pm
by Pawpaw
C-dub wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:45 pm
I would like to see someone submit a bill that doubles the required text size and specifies that the text cannot be placed on glass windows or doors and must be either black on white, white on black, red on white, or white on red. Introduce that!
I'm kind of fond of the idea of them having to be kelly green on hot pink.

Re: HB 2280 - 8.5x11" MAX Gunbuster 30.06/7 Signs

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:16 pm
by C-dub
Pawpaw wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:13 pm
C-dub wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:45 pm
I would like to see someone submit a bill that doubles the required text size and specifies that the text cannot be placed on glass windows or doors and must be either black on white, white on black, red on white, or white on red. Introduce that!
I'm kind of fond of the idea of them having to be kelly green on hot pink.
Can't take you anywhere! :biggrinjester:

Re: HB 2280 - 8.5x11" MAX Gunbuster 30.06/7 Signs

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:17 pm
by Pawpaw
C-dub wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:16 pm
Pawpaw wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:13 pm
C-dub wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:45 pm
I would like to see someone submit a bill that doubles the required text size and specifies that the text cannot be placed on glass windows or doors and must be either black on white, white on black, red on white, or white on red. Introduce that!
I'm kind of fond of the idea of them having to be kelly green on hot pink.
Can't take you anywhere! :biggrinjester:
And God help you if you leave me alone!!! :evil2:

Re: HB 2280 - 8.5x11" MAX Gunbuster 30.06/7 Signs

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:38 am
by C-dub
Pawpaw wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:17 pm
C-dub wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:16 pm
Pawpaw wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:13 pm
C-dub wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:45 pm
I would like to see someone submit a bill that doubles the required text size and specifies that the text cannot be placed on glass windows or doors and must be either black on white, white on black, red on white, or white on red. Introduce that!
I'm kind of fond of the idea of them having to be kelly green on hot pink.
Can't take you anywhere! :biggrinjester:
And God help you if you leave me alone!!! :evil2:
:lol:

How are you doing Pawpaw?

Re: HB 2280 - 8.5x11" MAX Gunbuster 30.06/7 Signs

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:55 am
by crazy2medic
I think that all signs need to be readily visible from the parking lot! Must obtain permit to post the signs every two years with the expiration printed on the sign!

Re: HB 2280 - 8.5x11" MAX Gunbuster 30.06/7 Signs

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:34 am
by TreyHouston
Do these lawmakers not see how many signs are ALREADY posted at gas stations?!?!? OMG! The purpose of the sign size is so it stands out.

Re: HB 2280 - 8.5x11" MAX Gunbuster 30.06/7 Signs

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:02 pm
by LDB415
Dumber than dirt leftist morons. It's harder and harder to resist just slapping the you know what out of them on sight.

Re: HB 2280 - 8.5x11" MAX Gunbuster 30.06/7 Signs

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:34 pm
by TexasJohnBoy
Remember to write the committee members to oppose this ---> House Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety