This sub-forum will open on Sept. 1, 2018

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SewTexas
Posts in topic: 4

Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee

Post by SewTexas »

Soooo, I have finally realized.....
Poncho doesn't do well when he's tired :lol: :lol: :lol: except it's interfering with his job.....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee

Post by RoyGBiv »

? Link ?

I wanna see it... :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

this is the link to the last part of the committee meeting.....just go to the last....oh, 15 minutes or so, he pretty much melts down.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Kkpsiknl

Post by Kkpsiknl »

I’m at work and can not watch. What happened?

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

he had started the meeting with everyone having 3 minutes to speak, as time progressed, it went to two on the campus carry bill, then to one on the sign bill! People were not happy, they had waited 15 hours by that point. He got a bit snippy. "I don't want to hear the same thing as the last guy". I flipped over to the other meeting that was happening to see how they were doing...it was, public health I think, something to do with animals...they were laughing and talking forever...it was almost midnight when they let out. Poncho isn't a night person at all. I figured out that what he is doing is pushing the "controversial" bills till late on the hopes that the speakers will leave. Maybe smart from his perspective? I don't know? but he's not coming across well on screen. If he doesn't want to run late, then schedule more meeting with fewer bills or don't be a chairman....
~Tracy

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

SewTexas wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:47 pm he had started the meeting with everyone having 3 minutes to speak, as time progressed, it went to two on the campus carry bill, then to one on the sign bill! People were not happy, they had waited 15 hours by that point. He got a bit snippy. "I don't want to hear the same thing as the last guy". I flipped over to the other meeting that was happening to see how they were doing...it was, public health I think, something to do with animals...they were laughing and talking forever...it was almost midnight when they let out. Poncho isn't a night person at all. I figured out that what he is doing is pushing the "controversial" bills till late on the hopes that the speakers will leave. Maybe smart from his perspective? I don't know? but he's not coming across well on screen. If he doesn't want to run late, then schedule more meeting with fewer bills or don't be a chairman....
If he doesn't want to listen to the People of The State's perspective on proposed legislation he needs to seek other employment.

He is supposed to be a "Public Servant" not a dictator.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Well, you all know who to blame for ol' Pancho being in that position in the first place...

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

so I was laughing to myself yesterday because I saw on their posting that he had the "marriage" bill AND the "abortion" bill BOTH listed for yesterday....no, I have no idea how late they went, I stopped paying attention to the leg at about 9, the justice, criminal and energy were all going and all said they had more to go....BUT Poncho wasn't Chairing, I don't think....he came into the Justice Comm and presented his bill about keeping guns away from mentally "defective" (his word not mine :shock: ) But I don't think I ever, before or after that saw him at his committee.
~Tracy

Alf

Post by Alf »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:15 am Well, you all know who to blame for ol' Pancho being in that position in the first place...
They don't support the Second Amendment. Why is anybody surprised by recent actions showing they don't support the First Amendment either.

But we both know there are plenty of gun owners who will make up some excuse to vote for them next year. :banghead:

Return to “2019 Texas Legislative Session”