CNN Sounds Alarm: SCOTUS May Wipe Out Gun Control ‘Nationwide’

The SCOTUS decision in NYSRPA v. Bruen has spawned numerous 2A cases. This justifies the creation of this new forum.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Paladin »

Since the June ruling, federal judges in at least a half-dozen different cases have already cited the Bruen decision to rule against gun restrictions that have included local assault weapons bans, prohibitions on the manufacture of homemade firearms and bans on older teenagers publicly carrying handguns.

Several other laws now face new legal challenges under the precedent, among them zoning restrictions barring shooting ranges, licensing and training laws and the federal ban on certain misdemeanor offenders from possessing firearms.
Bruen is starting to get the Anti's full attention.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

chasfm11

Re: CNN Sounds Alarm: SCOTUS May Wipe Out Gun Control ‘Nationwide’

Post by chasfm11 »

If this continues, it could end up with a defacto National Carry situation. If State residents cannot be restricted then restricting residents of other States shouldn't pass muster either. Who knows, we might even get the US Army Corps of Engineers rules overturned, too.

I'm about to go on a couple of week trip through "enemy" territory. It would be great not to have to play the FOPA game but we will have a couple of hours of driving time in MD and I won't risk not doing it.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

Good....wipe out all the incrementally implemented, unconstitutional gun control laws implemented since at least 1930's.
Defund and disband the ATF.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Best news all day!

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

chasfm11 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:49 pm If this continues, it could end up with a defacto National Carry situation. If State residents cannot be restricted then restricting residents of other States shouldn't pass muster either. Who knows, we might even get the US Army Corps of Engineers rules overturned, too.

I'm about to go on a couple of week trip through "enemy" territory. It would be great not to have to play the FOPA game but we will have a couple of hours of driving time in MD and I won't risk not doing it.
We might get this out of a totally unrelated case. Pay careful attention to the case of the pork producers against California. The argument that California cannot regulate other states farmers is based on SCOTUS rulings that were based on only the federal government regulating interstate commerce. Part of that is where we get the right to interstate travel is enshrined in the Constitution. And at least one legal theory I read is correct, if this right to decision goes correctly, other states cannot regulate my right to interstate travel including my carrying a gun. Of course the article was from a liberal source and claimed some states are trying to write laws forbidding their own citizens from traveling interstate to get abortions. This is how they came to this conclusion.
Steve Rothstein

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

Ban on Guns With Serial Numbers Removed Is Unconstitutional: Fed Judge
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/judge ... d/1091786/
A federal judge in West Virginia has ruled that a federal ban on possessing a gun with its serial number removed is unconstitutional, the first such ruling since the U.S. Supreme Court dramatically expanded gun rights in June.

U.S. District Judge Joseph Goodwin in Charleston found Wednesday that the law was not consistent with the United States' "historical tradition of firearm regulation," the new standard laid out by the Supreme Court in its landmark ruling.

Return to “Second Amendment Cases”