GOA files suit against draconian ATF gun ban

The SCOTUS decision in NYSRPA v. Bruen has spawned numerous 2A cases. This justifies the creation of this new forum.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

Gun Owners of America (GOA) and the Gun Owners Foundation (GOF) jointly filed a lawsuit with Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton challenging the Biden Pistol Brace Ban. The suit was filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Paladin

Re: GOA files suit against draconian ATF gun ban

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

NRA is in it as well along with 25 states and the GOA.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nra-25 ... brace-rule
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PriestTheRunner »

puma guy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:47 pm NRA is in it as well along with 25 states and the GOA.
Does it seem to anyone else that the NRA is always the last to the table and consistently waits until there is a wide social movement before making a stand or filing a lawsuit?

Is that the case or is this a one-off?

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:40 am
puma guy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:47 pm NRA is in it as well along with 25 states and the GOA.
Does it seem to anyone else that the NRA is always the last to the table and consistently waits until there is a wide social movement before making a stand or filing a lawsuit?

That may be a question better asked of Charles Cotton. The NRA has consistently defended 2nd Amendment rights for us. For all the criticism they receive just ask yourself this question. Would shooters be better off without the NRA? I leave it to you.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

puma guy wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:27 am

That may be a question better asked of Charles Cotton. The NRA has consistently defended 2nd Amendment rights for us. For all the criticism they receive just ask yourself this question. Would shooters be better off without the NRA? I leave it to you.
I've been roasted on this forum multiple times for my opinion on the NRA, because apparently some folks can't handle criticism. That said, would we be better off without the NRA? Absolutely not. Have they been part of the problem with us losing rights for almost a hundred years? Yes.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

jb2012 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:30 am

I've been roasted on this forum multiple times for my opinion on the NRA, because apparently some folks can't handle criticism. That said, would we be better off without the NRA? Absolutely not. Have they been part of the problem with us losing rights for almost a hundred years? Yes.
My intent wasn't to roast you. If I came across that way I apologize. I mentioned Charles because when the flak arose about Oliver North and La Pierre we were having monthly breakfast meetings of which Charles was a regular attendee and although he couldn't go into details he said it ain't all that the news media is spouting. My question was rhetorical but I appreciate and respect your answer.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

puma guy wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:35 pm
jb2012 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:30 am

My intent wasn't to roast you. If I came across that way I apologize. I mentioned Charles because when the flak arose about Oliver North and La Pierre we were having monthly breakfast meetings of which Charles was a regular attendee and although he couldn't go into details he said it ain't all that the news media is spouting. My question was rhetorical but I appreciate and respect your answer.
Nah no hard feelings, I have no idea who it was to be honest. I think there are some big advantages to having the NRA on our side, but also it would be crazy to ignore the harm they have brought upon the gun community, and citizens as a whole. Some of the biggest pieces of gun control legislation in the last 100 years have been supported by the NRA.
Have a good weekend.

Return to “Second Amendment Cases”