Pistol Brace Regulation Blocked Nationwide

The SCOTUS decision in NYSRPA v. Bruen has spawned numerous 2A cases. This justifies the creation of this new forum.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Pistol Brace Regulation Blocked Nationwide

Post by Vol Texan »

…a federal judge in Amarillo sided with the plaintiffs and issued a nationwide injunction blocking enforcement of the rule
https://thetexan.news/issues/second-amendment/pistol-brace-regulation-blocked-in-nationwide-injunction-from-amarillo-federal-judge/article_79dee5e6-7f4d-11ee-ae8e-e775c3ba76e1.html#:~:text=Three%20decorated%20veterans%20who%20filed,issued%20a%20nationwide%20injunction%20blocking

This is only temporary, and the rotten-to-the-core ATF is likely to appeal, but every small win can, and should, be celebrated!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Pistol Brace Regulation Blocked Nationwide

Post by Rafe »

So...my friend probably shouldn't have taken a Dremel tool to his pistol brace and scratched up his buffer tube...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Rafe wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:07 pm

So...my friend probably shouldn't have taken a Dremel tool to his pistol brace and scratched up his buffer tube...
Or registered his pistol as a SBR.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rafe »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:21 pm

At least my friend was in the majority...and it looks like it was a strong majority. As of June, the ATF said that it received just over 250,000 "amnesty" NFA applications in response to the pistol brace rule. The amnesty period closed May 31.

Depending on your sources, pistol braces are (were?) owned by anywhere from 10 million to 40 million Americans. So either a high of about 2.5% registered, or a low of only 0.63%. For the impact assessment of the rule, the AFT low-balled the number of braces in existence at 7 million. But even that would mean only a 3.6% registration rate.

More of our tax dollars put to excellent and effective use by the Biden administration. :???:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/massi ... heir-guns/
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

Rafe wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:08 am

At least my friend was in the majority...and it looks like it was a strong majority. As of June, the ATF said that it received just over 250,000 "amnesty" NFA applications in response to the pistol brace rule. The amnesty period closed May 31.

Depending on your sources, pistol braces are (were?) owned by anywhere from 10 million to 40 million Americans. So either a high of about 2.5% registered, or a low of only 0.63%. For the impact assessment of the rule, the AFT low-balled the number of braces in existence at 7 million. But even that would mean only a 3.6% registration rate.

More of our tax dollars put to excellent and effective use by the Biden administration. :???:

and now ATF has all your information at the easier touch of a key stroke...

most ridiculous crap ever
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

powerboatr wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:41 pm
Rafe wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:08 am

and now ATF has all your information at the easier touch of a key stroke...

most ridiculous crap ever
FWIW, I’m kind of in the middle. We already had 2 SBRs on our trust even before SB Tactical braces were invented. I had avoided putting together a pistol lower before then because existing braces just didn’t seem that practical to me. We’ve always had 2 uppers for each registered lower. Mine are 5.56 and .300 Blk. My son's are 5.56 and .350 Legend. Before the rule was enacted, I had put a brace on an unregistered lower and mounted the 10.5" .300 Blk to it. So all I had to do when the rule was enacted was to remove the brace from the unregistered lower it was on, and toss the brace into the spare parts box because my short barreled uppers were already "legitimized" by the registered lowers. Now that the rule has been vacated, I might put the .300 Blk pistol back together again…maybe. I haven’t decided yet.

The ATF rule is a pile of steaming manure. The entire ATF is a pile of steaming manure. The DOJ is obviously going to appeal this ruling, and sometime in the next 4-5 years (hopefully sooner) the case will probably make it to SCOTUS. My sincere prayer is that SCOTUS will hand down a decision consistent with Bruen, and the NFA will go the way of the dodo.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Second Amendment Cases”