Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

BBYC
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

Post by BBYC » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:05 pm

philip964 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:47 pm
BBYC wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:27 pm
If the roles were reversed...

:totap:
Would a male police office, regardless of race, have immediately shot a woman he discovered as he entered his apartment?
I hope you're not suggesting female police officers are more likely to unnecessarily escalate along the continuum of force, and use deadly force against innocent people.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:19 pm

BBYC wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:05 pm
philip964 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:47 pm
BBYC wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:27 pm
If the roles were reversed...

:totap:
Would a male police office, regardless of race, have immediately shot a woman he discovered as he entered his apartment?
I hope you're not suggesting female police officers are more likely to unnecessarily escalate along the continuum of force, and use deadly force against innocent people.
The disparity of force due to size and strength may warrant it.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Paladin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Looks like the election went badly for Amber:

Newly Elected Dallas DA Wants to Charge Amber Guyger With Murder
Creuzot, a former judge who retired from the bench in 2012, told NBC that anything less than a murder charge for Guyger deviates from Dallas County precedent.

“I don’t know any police reports. I don’t know any forensic reports, but based on what I have seen, manslaughter is an inappropriate charge, based on the circumstances as I understand them,” he said. “Once I get in there and I get everything in front of me and it appears the most appropriate charge is murder, then that’s the charge we will go forward with.

In the meantime, Johnson told Fox 4 that she is determined to take the Guyger case to the grand jury.

“We are still proceeding with that case. And by the way, that case is going to the grand jury very soon,” she said. “I want the opportunity to bring the indictment. It happened under my watch, and I think that’s very significant that I take this case to the grand jury.”
NRA Endowment, TSRA Life, GOA Life Member
Texas State Guard

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”