Can Zandt County Texas Sheriff’s Office

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Can Zandt County Texas Sheriff’s Office

Post by carlson1 »

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Can Zandt County Texas Sheriff’s Office

Post by powerboatr »

ouch...this is just down the road from us

we have a great sheriff now. got rid of the Border agent horses rear last election. mr never arrest meth heads etc.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Craig Sheldon’s father was the Constable in precinct 2 Smith County (Tyler) for many decades. His name was Edgar Shelton and he was a soft and tender hearted towards all people.

It is a shame people make these mistakes and destroy part of their lives. Craig Shelton has been in law enforcement for over 28 plus years.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:59 am I know this man personally. What a shame.
https://www.kltv.com/2022/03/31/former- ... county-da/

Sheriff Also:
https://www.kltv.com/2022/03/28/van-zan ... -indicted/
Honestly, if he did what he admitted to, he is/was a bad cop. If the "blue line gang" circled the wagons to protect him, they are just as bad. I can understand wanting to pummel some dirt bag you just arrested but as a cop, we cannot allow them to act on their emotions/feelings like that. There are likely more cops like that wearing badges than we want to believe. Video has really put a light on the bad cops out there.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

:iagree:

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

I don't know the details on this, so I'll keep my opinion on it to myself.
I was in Corrections for 4 months. My Sargent and Lieutenant both sang my praises and were devastated when I left. (This was largely due to an incident where I had to go hands on with an inmate the first day OTJ.) I was proud of my contribution to society until I started to see how things actually worked. There was more dope and cell phones in the cells than on the streets. We weren't allowed to do searches on our own, for legitimate safety reasons.
Effin' seriously !!! The Effen inmates had ZERO fear of attacking a guard. They'd just claim that he attacked them and they were defending themselves. There were cameras aimed at the deck (On the COs) but none that actually worked in the pods. So, it came down the the word of one CO or 24 inmates. Guess who the lawyers and owners believed.The owners always believed the less expensive story.
A couple of weeks after I left, this actually happened to a sergeant and a Lieutenant that I knew and worked with. The inmate even admitted to other COs that he was the one who instigated the event. He couldn't believe, but was thrilled and empowered, that the guards got locked up for doing their jobs.
(There was a photo of them in the local paper in orange. They got arrested for punching an @$$hole who admitted he deserved it, bragged about deserving it, and getting away with it)
I was threatened by inmates for following written jail procedure. I got no backup from rank, actually ownership. (This was being contracted out to a private firm who was actually my employer.) (Both Leu and Sarge seemed to be trying to communicate with me that there were "Ways" of doing things.)
I finally realized that the only way to stay alive in that job was to develop the required "moral flexibility" to go with the flow. Couldn't so I left.
Anytime I read one of theses stories, my experience leads me to believe the Police Officers. I know darn well they are swimming with a 10lb weight around their necks, trying to stay afloat in the legal morass that law enforcement has become.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”