Murphy, TX PD contact

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ske1eter
Posts in topic: 1

Murphy, TX PD contact

Post by ske1eter »

I got pulled over @ 5:30a.m. for an expired inspection sticker. I had out my CHL and DL before the officer got out and placed both hands on the wheel. The officer walked up and could see my hands. I handed him my licenses and he asked where the gun was. I said in the console. Then he asked for my insurance. I said the console. He says, ooook. You can have this back (my chl) and I'll be back. He confirmed my insurance status via dispatch and said that he had to give me a citation as the inspection was so far out (I had the car in storage for a while). He suggested that in the future I separate the gun and insurance card. He was cool about the whole thing and he acted like he really didn't want to give me a ticket. The gun/CHL was never an issue. If they're all like that officer, then :anamatedbanana as far as CHL issues go.

Beiruty

Re: Murphy, TX PD contact

Post by Beiruty »

How did the Officer saw the expired sticker, while you were driving?

After I came from vacation my wife SUV had its registration expired. I drove my car and get her a new sticker. Did drive the SUV straight to the Honda dealer and took care of the inspection with registration in hand.

Yeah, Police officers are now cool with CHLers. With MPA, there are more armed motorists all over the place.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Nobody HAS to issue a ticket. However, get it fixed ASAP and ask the judge or prosecutor to drop it. ESP if it was in storage. You might be surprised.

(not a lawyer)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Texas Size 11

Post by Texas Size 11 »

Beiruty wrote:How did the Officer saw the expired sticker, while you were driving?

After I came from vacation my wife SUV had its registration expired. I drove my car and get her a new sticker. Did drive the SUV straight to the Honda dealer and took care of the inspection with registration in hand.

Yeah, Police officers are now cool with CHLers. With MPA, there are more armed motorists all over the place.
Good question. I live in Murphy and I am really expired too, so I am curious. Now that you mention it, I might go to the county web site and pay that sucker now.
Never pet a burning dog...

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

You can't pay for an inspection sticker on the website.
That is the sticker the OP was posting about. :oops:

I know you probably meant your Registration sticker. :biggrinjester:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

I should really take my insurance card out of the center console... Thanks for the reminder!

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

My sun visor has a strap on the side that is normally against the headliner. I have my insurance card there. I also have one in my wallet.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

gigag04 wrote:Nobody HAS to issue a ticket. However, get it fixed ASAP and ask the judge or prosecutor to drop it. ESP if it was in storage. You might be surprised.

(not a lawyer)
This... I just got this exact same ticket.
I travel a lot for work, so my car sat for a long time as well.
Once I got it corrected, they dropped the ticket. I think I paid a $20 "processing" type fee though.

davefrmmrfy

Post by davefrmmrfy »

Scott in Houston wrote:
gigag04 wrote:Nobody HAS to issue a ticket. However, get it fixed ASAP and ask the judge or prosecutor to drop it. ESP if it was in storage. You might be surprised.

(not a lawyer)
This... I just got this exact same ticket.
I travel a lot for work, so my car sat for a long time as well.
Once I got it corrected, they dropped the ticket. I think I paid a $20 "processing" type fee though.
Yep, my spousal unit just got one of those tickets. You do have to pay $20 and prove that you had the inspection done. As for Murphy, we moved away a year ago but lived there 25 years. That used to be their only industry... :biggrinjester:

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”