RIP Sgt Mike Naylor.

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 3

RIP Sgt Mike Naylor.

Post by G.A. Heath »

Today Ector County Sheriff's deputy Mike Naylor was killed while serving a warrant.
http://cbs7.com/news/article_68d9a680-4 ... f6878.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: RIP Sgt Mike Naylor.

Post by jmra »

Sad news. Prayers for the family.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

G.A. Heath wrote:Today Ector County Sheriff's deputy Mike Naylor was killed while serving a warrant.
http://cbs7.com/news/article_68d9a680-4 ... f6878.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Curious.

Does the story you have linked have the county wrong? It is reporting him as Midland County. :headscratch
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:Today Ector County Sheriff's deputy Mike Naylor was killed while serving a warrant.
Curious.

Does the story you have linked have the county wrong? It is reporting him as Midland County. :headscratch
Sorry that was my mistake, I typed Ector county because the person who confirmed the information was from Ector County. Midland Count is correct and is just east of Ector County. Here in this part of the country we often treat Midland/Odessa (Cities) and Midland/Ector (Counties) as one and the same.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

G.A. Heath wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:
Curious.

Sorry that was my mistake, I typed Ector county because the person who confirmed the information was from Ector County. Midland Count is correct and is just east of Ector County. Here in this part of the country we often treat Midland/Odessa (Cities) and Midland/Ector (Counties) as one and the same.
I know about Midland/Odessa. I have lived and worked there, more than once. I like the area. Have also lived in Pecos, Ft. Stockton, Monahans, Andrews, Seminole, Seagraves, etc. Spent a few years in West Texas and also in the Panhandle
:txflag:

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:
Curious.

I know about Midland/Odessa. I have lived and worked there, more than once. I like the area. Have also lived in Pecos, Ft. Stockton, Monahans, Andrews, Seminole, Seagraves, etc. Spent a few years in West Texas and also in the Panhandle
You have my sympathies, especially for Seminole and Seagraves. If you have lived in those two in the last 20 years there's a good chance we might know each other.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

G.A. Heath wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:
G.A. Heath wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:
Curious.

You have my sympathies, especially for Seminole and Seagraves. If you have lived in those two in the last 20 years there's a good chance we might know each other.
No. That was over 50 years ago. Though I have been there in the late 90's.

A fellow from Connecticut once asked me how is was where I grew up. I told him you had 3 choices: Get tough, Leave or Die. I then told him I was grown before I left. He was working under the assumption that I chose the first choice listed.

:evil2:

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”