Wild Horses

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wild Horses

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bloodhound13 wrote:As we were turning to leave, he calls out "Oh, and Sir, you started Open Carrying about 20 minutes ago. If you could go back to Concealed Carry, that would be great." He got in his cruiser and pulled away chuckling as we waved.
What we have here ladies and gentlemen is an unintentional failure to conceal................. for about 20 minutes........... in the presence of a police officer. :smilelol5:

Reminds me of the time I accidentally left the house with my underwear on the outside of my pants...........for about 20 minutes....... ........... in the presence of a police officer. "rlol"

Not suggesting you did anything wrong, but I just thought that was really funny.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

talltex
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wild Horses

Post by talltex »

bloodhound13 wrote:He asked if I was okay, and then told me of a fellow motorcyclist earlier in the year being hit square in the chest by a wild turkey. Apparently it jerked the gentleman off his bike, and caused a lot of physical damage, and totaled his bike. I felt lucky that it was just a quail. The constable had the good nature to ask if I had a hunting license for my bird. He made sure I was fine, and left me cleaning the remaining feathers from my new Arai helmet.
Back in the mid 70's, while in high school, I rode a Triumph 500 twin...quite often at a high rate of speed. One afternoon, I was rapidly overtaking a truck but still in the lane behind it, when I saw a puff of feathers from the windshield followed by a deceased Robin that arched over the truck and landed in the center of my chest. I gained an immediate understanding of the physics involved in the reloading data tables showing ft. lbs of energy when comparing high speed small bullets vs. slower heavy bullets. That 2 ounce bird jerked my hands loose from the handlebars and knocked me flat on my back onto the seat. Fortunately, due to the gyroscopic effect of high speed, the bike remained steady and I managed to get back upright before running off the road. When I got home and took off my shirt I had a blue/purple bruise the size of a dinner plate covering my chest. Looked like I got hit with a bowling ball instead of a bird. :biggrinjester:
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”