Posting stuff

Photo testing, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
OverEasy
Posts in topic: 3

Posting stuff

Post by OverEasy »

I don't have a digital camera. I don't know about the photo hosting sites etc.
I do have a picture in a MS Powerpoint slide that I would like to put in a post. I tried the "copy & paste" routine and it wouldn't do it. Is there any way I can get that into a post?
Thanks, OE
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

JLaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JLaw »

OE,

If I knew what a MS Powerpoint slide was I'd be happy to help you out. All I know is that I don't know how to do Powerpoint but my 9 year old neice is doing a Powerpoint presentation IN HER SCHOOL!

I'm guessing this Powerpoint slide is a file on your computer? If so it'll be easy to do.

The image host I use is :
http://www.imageshack.us/

Hit the "Browse" button and find the file on your computer, then hit the "Host It" key. Another screen pops up with lots of different thumbnail addresses and hotlink addresses, I believe the one that I use is Hotlink for Forums 1. Copy and paste the whole URL into your message and that should be it. Been a while since I've tried it, maybe someone out there knows of an easier way.

JLaw

JLaw

Post by JLaw »

I like this funny pic!

Yes, thats it. Copy and paste the whole URL next to the title "Hotlink for Forums 1".

JLaw

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

While the ppt show is displayed on the screen press the "Print Screen" button.

This will take a snapshot of the screen.

You can than paste this entire image into photoshop, gimp, or paint even to cut out just the desired portion.

This trick also works when you see a nice image online but its in a flash movie, just print screen when the image is displayed and you have it captured on your clipboard.

-nick
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Topic author
OverEasy

Post by OverEasy »

Nick,
That's what I've done, captured an image by "print screen" to Powerpoint.
What my question is; How do I put that image in a post on TXCHL forum? Copy and paste wouldn't work.
JLaw, I'm not knowledgeable enough understand what you told me. Thanks for trying. I'm pretty much 'Log on', Google, cut & paste, type with one finger and that's it. My wife taught me the screen print thing and I have that written down step by step(about 12).
OE
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

you have to paste it into an image file. MS paint will do it, but some other photo editing software would be better.

If you dont have access to photoshop you can e-mail me and I can handle it here.

Hosting has to be done on someone's webspace. Someone on here may be able to help you with that.

-nick
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txinvestigator »

Find the picture in the Powerpoint Slide. Right click your mouse on the picture, then click "copy".

Open your MS Paint. (Programs, Accessories, Paint) Click on "edit" at the top, then select paste. Your pic should be there. Then click File, save as, and save the file in a place you can find it.

Then go to image shack or the one I use, photobucket, and set up an account.

Once you set up your account and save your pic there. Copy the URL (thats the web site address)for your newly saved pic. Click on the "Img" button when making a new post, Paste the URL into the post, then click on the "Img" button again.

Post again if you need more help[/img]
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Topic author
OverEasy

Post by OverEasy »

I'm back to the computer again finally.
THANK YOU one and all! I now understand the process.
I have to put my picture in a "photo manipulating program", like MS Paint, then send that file to a "photo hosting" place on the net, like Photobucket, and then the "Img" button in the 'Post' screen will link to the place on the net where the photo is stored. (something like: http://www.photobucket.OE's photo.com)
I got it!
PS Don't hold your breath looking for a photo posted by OE, I'm not going to do all that, unless something really really important comes up. But I'm glad that I understand how to do it! Thanks again!
OE
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

BobCat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BobCat »

I don't know about posting pictures, but if you want to edit pictures or things like that, there are two free softwares on the web that are great.

1) Irfanview - http://irfanview.com/ - is for still and movie files. Very easy to use but not real powerful as far as editing features.

2) ImageJ - http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/ - is free from the NIH; it is intended for editing microscope images and is very powerful but has a steeper learning curve.

Have fun!

Gun-related: no one wants to see pictures of my old Springfield milspec since it is stock except for a flat mainspring housing / get rid of ILS locking system. But it shoots! Prints cloverleafs all day, as long as I don't get twitchy.

Regards,
Andrew
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

Return to “Test Area”