Level III Requalification

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Level III Requalification

Post by Vol Texan »

I've had a number of folks call me recently to ask if I can conduct their firearms re-qualification for their Level III security license.
To be honest, I have no idea what the requal would be like, nor whether I'd be allowed to administer it as an NRA / LTC instructor.

Any guidance that y'all can provide so I can better answer these questions?
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Level III Requalification

Post by Tex1961 »

Vol Texan wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:25 pm I've had a number of folks call me recently to ask if I can conduct their firearms re-qualification for their Level III security license.
To be honest, I have no idea what the requal would be like, nor whether I'd be allowed to administer it as an NRA / LTC instructor.

Any guidance that y'all can provide so I can better answer these questions?
You cannot re-qualify any level of security with just LTC instructor. I work with a couple of other instructors who are L3 certified, so I’ve learned a few pointers from them. I’d say the only other qualification we’re allowed as LTC would be LEOSA.

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Level III Requalification

Post by Vol Texan »

Thank you sir. I figured that was the case, but I wanted to be sure.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “Instructors' Corner”