Katy area instructor qualification

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
bkj
Posts in topic: 2

Katy area instructor qualification

Post by bkj »

I'm looking for an instructor in the Katy or West Houston area to shoot instructor qualification with
"When seconds count the police are minutes away" Nikki Goeser

“Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority…They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.” Noah Webster

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Katy area instructor qualification

Post by Vol Texan »

bkj wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:17 pm I'm looking for an instructor in the Katy or West Houston area to shoot instructor qualification with
I’m available, but I think we are going to Florence this year.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
bkj

Post by bkj »

I apologize for not responding sooner. Had some stuff come up that had me distracted for a while. I will be looking to do this next weekend.
"When seconds count the police are minutes away" Nikki Goeser

“Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority…They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.” Noah Webster

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tex1961 »

I’m confused. Is Florence this year for class and range or can you do range quals and send in the paperwork first. I don’t have to renew this year but was just curious.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:30 pm I’m confused. Is Florence this year for class and range or can you do range quals and send in the paperwork first. I don’t have to renew this year but was just curious.
Classroom. You will do your range quals with another instructor like last time.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

howdy

Post by howdy »

I live in Katy and also need to range qualify. I am retired so I am available most days and weekends. The letter from DPS said we need to range qual too. I also thought we did classroom one time then shooting the next time. I did not do a class 2 years ago but I did the shooting qual. I think we did an online test.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I’ll be at the range a little later this morning (or perhaps early afternoon. Af any of y’all want to requal each other, please send me a note at this email:

Chris (at) HoustonLTC (dot) com

If it is dry, we will be at Brazos River Sportsman’s Club in Fulshear, and if it gets wet, we’ll head indoors.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Vol Texan

West Houston area instructor qualification

Post by Vol Texan »

Vol Texan wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:44 am I’ll be at the range a little later this morning (or perhaps early afternoon. Af any of y’all want to requal each other, please send me a note at this email:

If it is dry, we will be at Brazos River Sportsman’s Club in Fulshear, and if it gets wet, we’ll head indoors.
I still need to requalify here in west Houston. If you’re an instructor and have the availability, I’ll be happy to make the drive.

Next Saturday is best for me, but I could also make it in the evening one weeknight this week.

Please PM me if you’re available. If we can get several of us together, it could work out for all.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: West Houston area instructor qualification

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Vol Texan wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:55 pm
Vol Texan wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:44 am I’ll be at the range a little later this morning (or perhaps early afternoon. Af any of y’all want to requal each other, please send me a note at this email:

I still need to requalify here in west Houston. If you’re an instructor and have the availability, I’ll be happy to make the drive.

Next Saturday is best for me, but I could also make it in the evening one weeknight this week.

Please PM me if you’re available. If we can get several of us together, it could work out for all.
You and I can get together.

Chas.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Thanks to all who have responded. So far it appears to be three of us meeting around 12:30 pm at the range (I can’t meet earlier because I’m picking up my daughter from camp out in the country at 10am).

It’ll be a warm day, but I’ll have us a shelter and some cold water to enjoy. If you want to join in, please send me a note and we’ll get you the info.

We’ll be using Brazos River Sportsman’s Club in Fulshear, so it’s an easy ride in for anyone from west Houston, Katy, and the Sugarland areas.

howdy

Post by howdy »

I sent you a PM
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

howdy wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:11 pm I sent you a PM
Thank you sir. For ease of record keeping I always create and sign all my LTC100s digitally. I've created both of y'all's (howdy and bjk) and emailed the unsigned versions for each of you to review and check to see that I entered the correct info on them.

Please let me know if I've put in any info incorrectly.

I'll sign and send them to you via email right away on Saturday after we qualify. See y'all at 12:30.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”