Instructor Discussion on changes

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Instructor Discussion on changes

Post by Tex1961 »

To my fellow instructors... Can we run this thread to post and discuss the changes to the new course outline. Many of us have not been to the renewal this year and some won't for a few years. Even though we all should have gotten the download, reading through anything the state puts out is an effort in futility at best. Between my own research, forum discussions and what I can pull from the outline and other sources I have a limited understanding of what changes we are to make to our course... Best as I can tell are the following... Please correct, add or detract as you understand...

IF YOUR NOT AN INSTRUCTOR AND DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE NEW OUTLINE I KINDLY ASK YOU DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD... THANKS....

1. Amusement parks and Hospitals are no longer restricted unless posted 30.06 / 30.07. Section 46.03 section L, N
2. Section 46.03 section O. Carry at open government meeting removed.
3. New and changes to signage IE.. No more TABC Blue and new 30.05 and 46.15

Thanks

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Instructor Discussion on changes

Post by AF-Odin »

Tex1961

My understanding of that section on Open Meetings is that carry at an Open Meeting is prohibited, but that prohibition does not apply to an LTC holder. In that it is referencing HB 1927 the prohibition does apply to someone carrying under the authority of HB 1927.

The parts on amusement parks and hospitals for LTC holders have been that way for a while now. The person carrying solely under HB 1927 is prohibited regardless of signage.

My understanding is the TABC Blue Sign is obsolete, 30.05 by itself only applies to non-licensed individuals. 46.15(o) is not a sign, but the section of the Penal Code you may be prosecuted under if a 46.03 sign is posted giving effective notice that the location is a prohibited place.

IANAL and these are only MY understandings. :tiphat:
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “Instructors' Corner”