Spanish Language Test

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Crossfire
Posts in topic: 3

Spanish Language Test

Post by Crossfire »

Does anyone have a Spanish translation of the test that you are willing to share? I frequently have students who speak and understand English well enough, but do not read it, so I have to give the test verbally. Thanks guys!

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txinvestigator »

Humm, we only do it in English, don't allow translators. Thinking about it now, I am not sure you can translate it to Spanish and give it.

Have you checked with DPS?
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Topic author
Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

I talked to Starlane and Marion both at the last instructor school. They said that they do allow a written translation, but they do not provide one. They also said it is OK to allow a student to bring a translator to class with him if needed. It is up to the instructor as to whether or not we wish to charge the translator for the class.

ElGato
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ElGato »

Sorry I had one for the last test but haven't needed one for this new one, when I need one I have a friend who will make it up for me, that's going to be your best bet.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

It might take some work...And of course you might want to have a fluent speaker and reader of spanish verify the translation...

But this is the best site I know of now that workes real well for what you may have to produce...

http://www.freetranslation.com/

If I had a copy of the written test, I could do it for y'all, and have "Wife Unit" check it...

If you have an electronic file of the test, all you have to do is cut and paste, and hit translate...Then paste the translation back to a word document or equivalent...

I would do it separately for each question, then do the "multiple" answers for each...That way there are no drop outs due to grammar and the like...

For the most part I believe it is a pretty accurate service this website provides...And the best part is that its free...

Have fun...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Better yet...

Why doesn't the state website have an instructors login, and allow you guys to download things like this???

Or do they, and they don't have a test in this language???

Do they make y'all buy your classroom material???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Stevie -

We get the latest test in hard copy form when we renew our instructors certificates. DPS is not interested in providing the test in any other format or language.

As I have said before, we would have to drag them kicking and screaming into the 21st century. They aren't too big yet on this computer stuff. It could still be just a passing fad, ya know!

Return to “Instructors' Corner”