The wait is over now where to stay...

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Swift
Posts in topic: 3

The wait is over now where to stay...

Post by Swift »

Well I got the email. Class is on December 20. Now I'm wondering which hotel does everyone think is the best?
Clean, smoke free and reasonably priced are what I really want. Thanks in advance!

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The wait is over now where to stay...

Post by troglodyte »

Try the Best Western and tell them you're coming for a DPS class. They gave me a discounted rate, which I don't remember what it was. The DPS stays there and it is clean and quiet. Breakfast is so-so.

600 San Gabriel Village Blvd.
Georgetown, TX
512-868-8555

Edit: Spelling
Last edited by troglodyte on Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

It HAS been a long wait. I look forward to meeting all y’all up there on the 20th - 22nd.

I can’t be much help on lodging ideas - I’ll be staying with family in Temple.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Swift

Post by Swift »

Thanks! I booked a room at Best Western, the discount was nice.

Yeah I can't wait for it to start, either. I am looking forward to meeting all ya'll as well!

infoman

Post by infoman »

It’s Dec 18-20 or 20-22nd? seems odd to run that close to Christmas, but I guess they’re open that week.

Topic author
Swift

Post by Swift »

I passed, man that is a nice facility!

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Swift wrote:I passed, man that is a nice facility!
Congratulations

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Congrats guys. Yes, it is a nice facility, do they do the classes there or in Georgetown? When I did my original, we just used the facility for the proficiency at the range. I think there were 88 in my class.

Just wondering, Do they still give out the certifications at the end of class or do they mail them to you? How was the class overall? Was there anything new that they called to attention? Besides, keeping records for 6 years and the fact they do not seem to understand the relevance of proper 06 and/or 07 notification or verbal notification as being the only legal LTC notifications?

The first couple of months of the year seem to be best time for private classes. I guess it is those pesky New Years Resolutions! Did they mention when the CHL 16 were going to be updated? At the instructor renewal I was told that it would not be a priority, due to the small amount of changes in the laws.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

Yes, it was a great facility, and the class was good.

I'm glad they let us shoot on Thursday (fantastic weather) instead of Friday (nasty cold and wet).

Congrats to all who passed!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “Instructors' Corner”