Out of state DL with PO box address

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
jmorris
Posts in topic: 3

Out of state DL with PO box address

Post by jmorris »

I have a prospective student with a Wyoming drivers license with a PO Box address. Anybody know if this will present a problem when applying for a LTC?

Yes, I do have an email into RSD about it.

Thanks
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Out of state DL with PO box address

Post by Jusme »

I don't know about an LTC , but I don't think he can purchase a gun with a PO box address. Is he living in Texas now, or still living in Wyoming?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Jusme wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:41 am I don't know about an LTC , but I don't think he can purchase a gun with a PO box address. Is he living in Texas now, or still living in Wyoming?
We were at Academy at the gun counter talking and the salesman said that they do use a license with PO Box if no physical address is available at all but that it can cause problems. He's here for a couple months, back to Wyoming for a few months, then down here permanently.
Jay E Morris,
NRA Recruiter (link)

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

jmorris wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:27 am I have a prospective student with a Wyoming drivers license with a PO Box address. Anybody know if this will present a problem when applying for a LTC?

Yes, I do have an email into RSD about it.

Thanks
I'm looking, but thought I remembered that when applying for my CHL they actually stated that the address had to be an actual residence or something and that a PO Box was not acceptable as an address for a residence.

EDIT: I could not find where anything said that a PO Box was unacceptable, but there's also the requirement that the LTC and DL addresses match. Also, wherever "address" is mentioned in reference to what's on the license the word "residence" is included preceding the word "address" similar to the following. "residence address"

I don't think Texas will allow a PO Box in place of a residence address for an LTC.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

infoman

Post by infoman »

You cannot have a PO Box printed on the face of your Texas license to carry.

Topic author
jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Received the definitive answer today from RSD. LTC licenses cannot be a PO Box and the LTC/DL addresses must match.
Jay E Morris,
NRA Recruiter (link)

Return to “Instructors' Corner”