Surplus 303 Brit Ammo - Collector's Item

Holsters and firearms-related gear and accessories, reloading equipment & supplies, ammo

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Surplus 303 Brit Ammo - Collector's Item

Post by der Teufel »

This is a box of surplus, old stock, 303 British ammo. It's in the original shipping box. Inside is a sealed tin containing nine packages of 32 rounds each, for a total of 288 rounds.

This really isn't for shooting. The ammo is original, with corrosive primers. It's a collector's item for those particularly interested in 303 British Enfield items. As such, it's admittedly somewhat expensive (compared to standard ammo). The price is $400. I've seen them going on auction sites occasionally here, in Australia, and Britain for the equivalent of $350-450 or so, hence the price.

I figured I'd throw it out here since this is (mostly) a Texas board, and I might be able to avoid the hassle of shipping it.
--

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Surplus 303 Brit Ammo - Collector's Item

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Good luck with the sale. Your collector's item spurred a memory which I couldn't resist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbMWX73XNDk
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Return to “Holsters, Accessories, Reloading Equipment & Supplies”