WTB MEC Case Conditioner 12 Ga

Holsters and firearms-related gear and accessories, reloading equipment & supplies, ammo

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Bob Wolff
Posts in topic: 2

WTB MEC Case Conditioner 12 Ga

Post by Bob Wolff »

Looking or a 12 gauge MEC Case Conditioner.
PM me if available

Bob Wolff
NO matter how responsible he seems,
NEVER give your gun to a monkey.

couzin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WTB MEC Case Conditioner 12 Ga

Post by couzin »

I believe the case conditioner from MEC is no longer being sold by them. I guess someone might have one somewhere. However, the sizing ring, deprime, and crimp opener, on my MEC reloaders always worked just fine even with shells I picked up from other shooters. Never had one stick. Are you having trouble with reloads sticking?
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

Topic author
Bob Wolff
Posts in topic: 2

Re: WTB MEC Case Conditioner 12 Ga

Post by Bob Wolff »

Knew they were no longer made, was looking for a used one. Found one.
I shoot 3 gun and use a magazine fed shotgun and was having feed problems. Found out the following:
* About 3-5% of factory 12 ga ammo, 7.7, 1250fps would not fit a 12 ga gauge.
* I was keeping my magazines loaded between matches, after inspecting rounds the crimp ends were bulged, causing the feed issues.
* Reading some cowboy actions forums, found they they experience this problem with side x side shotguns. They use a taper die on factory ammo to put a taper on the last 1/2 inch of the shell.
* After talking with other 3 gun shooters, found out that they do not even leave their magazines in the sun on match day as the factory ammo will heat up, soften and bulge.

Found a combo case gauge and hand taper and it worked.
Federal is now making competition 12 gauge ammo with "different hulls" and a roll crimp. These work great.

Am modifying the MEC I got with a 12 ga taper die and adding a shell holder. Should be able to try soon.
NO matter how responsible he seems,
NEVER give your gun to a monkey.

Return to “Holsters, Accessories, Reloading Equipment & Supplies”