Forbus 1911 Holster

Holsters and firearms-related gear and accessories, reloading equipment & supplies, ammo

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Forbus 1911 Holster

Post by WTR »

Bought a 1911 Forbus paddle holster from Academy. ( clearance item) This holster is not going into the holster drawer, it is going in the trash. Mexican carry is better.

jb2012

Re: Forbus 1911 Holster

Post by jb2012 »

Good move. Especially considering you can get a holster from bravo concealment for $40.

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

I had nothing but problems with my Fobus Glock 26 paddle holster and ended up ditching it. I needed Hulk like strength to get my gun out of the holster even though there was only passive retention. Fobus said it needed a firm, straight draw which was true depending on their definition of "firm" but raised the question of what would happen if I were on my back. You get what you pay for with holsters.

For my 1911 I ended up getting a Bianchi 56 Serpent holster.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

This is really surprising to me. I have a Fobus paddle holster for my Beretta PX-4 SC and it is my favorite
conceal carry holster. It took a little while to get used to the retention, but a quick twist and pull it draws
very smooth.

My first Fobus had a couple of metal clips on the back which dug into my side. Fortunately they came
out with a newer design and smoothed out the bumps so it is much more comfortable.

EDIT: I am talking about the Fobus Evolution Paddle Holster. I noticed their original version had terrible reviews.
Last edited by WildBill on Sat May 11, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

When I first started carrying I bought a fobus paddle holster for my m&p, horrible thing, once I bought a stealth gear and later a triple T custom made holster it went to the trash.

Medley86

Post by Medley86 »

I traded for a 1911 several years ago and it came with one. Generally if I try to draw from it the entire holster leaves my belt rather than the gun leaving the holster. It is now relegated to being hung inside the safe door to hold my 1911 22lr for space saving and left there when I want to use the pistol.
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

I have to agree with WildBill. I also have a Fobus paddle for my PX4 Storm (.45). The retention feature is actually a plus. You actually have to twist clockwise while drawing to unlock (RH side), and it comes out very easily. I shoot steel, and have no problem drawing, just takes practice.

The upside is, if someone tries to grab your pistol, they would be pulling counter-clockwise, and the pistol would stay locked in place, giving you valuable seconds to react.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

oohrah wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:04 pm I have to agree with WildBill. I also have a Fobus paddle for my PX4 Storm (.45). The retention feature is actually a plus. You actually have to twist clockwise while drawing to unlock (RH side), and it comes out very easily. I shoot steel, and have no problem drawing, just takes practice.

The upside is, if someone tries to grab your pistol, they would be pulling counter-clockwise, and the pistol would stay locked in place, giving you valuable seconds to react.
:iagree: :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

boxermoose

Post by boxermoose »

timtheteacher wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:38 pm I had a Forbus 1911 Holster once. The holster and gun fell off of my belt in Kroger in the meat department and I never wore it again.
Lost it in a Steak out :tiphat:

Return to “Holsters, Accessories, Reloading Equipment & Supplies”