It's time for a reminder

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: Keith B, Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6165
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: It's time for a reminder

#16

Post by Liberty » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:37 am

We've had a few very likable knowledgable leftist come and go on this forum. I miss them. Not because I agreed with them, but because I appreciated their thought process and patience in dealing with the rest of us. I also believe that it is important that not only the die hard conservative recognizes that the ability to defend one's self is a duty and right, a human right.

Everything these days seems so bipolar, The left and the right have never been so far apart. Our news media is split between conservative media like Fox and leftist propaganda like MSNBC. I believe most of us have distanced ourselves with certain friends and family over our political beliefs.

I hate Glocks. I have no use for them at all. Some people I know though own and carry Glocks. Maybe if I am nice to them I might be able to show them the error of their ways, Just because their gun sucks doesn't mean they are bad people.


Just kidding about the Glocks. but some of the political discussions we have are just as silly. We aren't gonna change anyones mind.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9188
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: It's time for a reminder

#17

Post by Beiruty » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:14 am

I never liked Glocks, but I have 1/2 dozen of all other polymer guns.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6165
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: It's time for a reminder

#18

Post by Liberty » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:53 am

Beiruty wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:14 am
I never liked Glocks, but I have 1/2 dozen of all other polymer guns.
I don't have anything against polymer, but not crazy about striker fired. Hate was a pretty strong word though. I was just making a metaphor. That my opinion doesn't matter much.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 17524
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: It's time for a reminder

#19

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:03 am

Liberty wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:37 am
We've had a few very likable knowledgable leftist come and go on this forum. I miss them. Not because I agreed with them, but because I appreciated their thought process and patience in dealing with the rest of us. I also believe that it is important that not only the die hard conservative recognizes that the ability to defend one's self is a duty and right, a human right.

Everything these days seems so bipolar, The left and the right have never been so far apart. Our news media is split between conservative media like Fox and leftist propaganda like MSNBC. I believe most of us have distanced ourselves with certain friends and family over our political beliefs.

I hate Glocks. I have no use for them at all. Some people I know though own and carry Glocks. Maybe if I am nice to them I might be able to show them the error of their ways, Just because their gun sucks doesn't mean they are bad people.


Just kidding about the Glocks. but some of the political discussions we have are just as silly. We aren't gonna change anyone's mind.
This is so true and it's an ominous sign for the future. There was a time when I could be locking horns with anti-gunners at the Capitol on a gun-related bill, but have lunch with them at the Capitol Grill and talk about our kids. We were political opponents, but we were not sworn enemies on a personal level. Those days are long gone. As I have said before, as a people we have two choices. We can talk, or we can fight. I prefer talking though I'm prepared for either event.

Chas.

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9188
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: It's time for a reminder

#20

Post by Beiruty » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:24 am

It is the same case with my cousin, a gun owner and shooter with NFA items and 1/2 dozens AR/AK, AR Pistols etc... Lately. his view regarding less lethally weapon for law enforcement, registering and controlling AR/AK, as well as medical care for all, pro amenity and most of the Dems platform ideas are shifting hard left. It is puzzling.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

User avatar

SewTexas
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:52 pm
Location: San Antonio area

Re: It's time for a reminder

#21

Post by SewTexas » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:31 am

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:10 pm
SewTexas wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:34 pm
I hope I haven't done anything. I know I can be a little sarcastic, and that can sometimes come across as rude, but I do try to proof my comments before posting and make sure they read ok. If I've offended anyone, I apologize.
OMG! You are one of the most cordial posters of this forum. I would bet dollars to donuts he sure as heck was not referring to any of your posts. :cheers2:
aw, thanks, we need a hug emogi...... <3
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 25216
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: It's time for a reminder

#22

Post by The Annoyed Man » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:35 am

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:03 am
Liberty wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:37 am
We've had a few very likable knowledgable leftist come and go on this forum. I miss them. Not because I agreed with them, but because I appreciated their thought process and patience in dealing with the rest of us. I also believe that it is important that not only the die hard conservative recognizes that the ability to defend one's self is a duty and right, a human right.

Everything these days seems so bipolar, The left and the right have never been so far apart. Our news media is split between conservative media like Fox and leftist propaganda like MSNBC. I believe most of us have distanced ourselves with certain friends and family over our political beliefs.

I hate Glocks. I have no use for them at all. Some people I know though own and carry Glocks. Maybe if I am nice to them I might be able to show them the error of their ways, Just because their gun sucks doesn't mean they are bad people.


Just kidding about the Glocks. but some of the political discussions we have are just as silly. We aren't gonna change anyone's mind.
This is so true and it's an ominous sign for the future. There was a time when I could be locking horns with anti-gunners at the Capitol on a gun-related bill, but have lunch with them at the Capitol Grill and talk about our kids. We were political opponents, but we were not sworn enemies on a personal level. Those days are long gone. As I have said before, as a people we have two choices. We can talk, or we can fight. I prefer talking though I'm prepared for either event.

Chas.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum" used to apply only to physical conflict. More and more, it applies to political conflict.

I don’t like it, but I don’t think it will ever go back to the way it was. There’s too much at stake, and everybody knows it. So if that’s the way it has to be to keep from subsuming even more of our founding principles to the collectivist left and the deep state, then "para bellum"—because the alternative is too terrible to allow to come to pass.

And maybe, just MAYBE, the left will wake up and realize that this is a fight they cannot ultimately win, and they’ll begin to back down. But to accomplish that, it’s going to take them replacing their whackobirds in Congress with serious people who love and understand the Constitution, who value citizenship, and who won’t spend all their time virtue signaling.

But I seriously doubt that they’re that aware, so I confidently predict that the very best we can realistically hope for is that things won’t get any worse.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Deep East Texas

Re: It's time for a reminder

#23

Post by flintknapper » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:21 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:10 pm
SewTexas wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:34 pm
I hope I haven't done anything. I know I can be a little sarcastic, and that can sometimes come across as rude, but I do try to proof my comments before posting and make sure they read ok. If I've offended anyone, I apologize.
OMG! You are one of the most cordial posters of this forum. I would bet dollars to donuts he sure as heck was not referring to any of your posts. :cheers2:
^^^^

Amen....not even close.

The folks that worry they might have offended someone...are almost never the ones guilty of it. They tend to be self governing.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 8392
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: It's time for a reminder

#24

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:01 pm

SewTexas wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:31 am
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:10 pm
SewTexas wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:34 pm
I hope I haven't done anything. I know I can be a little sarcastic, and that can sometimes come across as rude, but I do try to proof my comments before posting and make sure they read ok. If I've offended anyone, I apologize.
OMG! You are one of the most cordial posters of this forum. I would bet dollars to donuts he sure as heck was not referring to any of your posts. :cheers2:
aw, thanks, we need a hug emogi...... <3
Awwwww shucks.... :oops: :mrgreen:

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1110
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: It's time for a reminder

#25

Post by Grundy1133 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:05 pm

Obligatory acknowledgement reply.
Image
NRA Member

User avatar

Lynyrd
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1377
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am
Location: East Texas

Re: It's time for a reminder

#26

Post by Lynyrd » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:12 pm

Thank you Mr. Cotton for the reminder. Hopefully everyone here can respect each other's viewpoints with resorting to insulting comments.
Do what you say you're gonna do.


surprise_i'm_armed
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4277
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:16 am
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: It's time for a reminder

#27

Post by surprise_i'm_armed » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Yes, we can disagree with one another.....without being disagreeable.

SIA
The whole aim of politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety)
by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken, 1880-1956.


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 528
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: It's time for a reminder

#28

Post by Grayling813 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:46 pm

I'm probably guilty...so I apologize. Working on biting my tongue and not being as sarcastic.

This is the best forum I know of on the internet.

Post Reply

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”