Issues with forum moderation

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

GlockenHammer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GlockenHammer »

Lumberjack98 wrote:Can this thread be locked yet?
Anyone is free to discontinue reading it, but I don't think a lock is warranted. As much as we don't like people to say bad things about us, I think it is important that people be able to air their concerns. However, if this degenerates into a personal attack or never ending beating of a dead horse (nice use of the emoticons), we may have to do just that. I'd like to give y'all a chance to self-moderate first....

gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gigag04 »

+1 for a thanks to all the mods.

Those of us that have been around here for a while know well the environment they are trying to maintain. I'm appreciative of thier efforts and feel that we need to jealously guard what has been created through this forum.

-nick

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KBCraig »

longtooth wrote:Lucky45,
You have had your public say, others have given their input about our fairness, I respectfully ask you to quit you public whining.
LT.
Yanno LT, that didn't set well with me the first time I read it even though it wasn't directed at me. I didn't say anything, but I thought it over for a while, and here's what I think: It sounds like a public chastisement that was uncalled for. I haven't seen Lucky45's comments and questions as "public whining"; he certainly hasn't posted excessively on this thread.

There were 3+ pages of praise for the moderators, but a couple of comments questioning the consistency of the moderation gets someone rebuked for "whining"?

Think about it.

Kevin

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I don't know how this can be said differently than what has already been posted. I'll try once more and this thread is locked.

The Moderators didn't intentionally leave any language in a post that violated the 10 year old daughter rule. It simply wasn't caught. It does happen on occasion but not too often. When it does, members often point it out for us. If anyone chooses not to believe this explanation, then don't.

I've even deleted my own posts after they were posted and I realized they were not appropriate. I don't mean violations of the 10 year old daughter rule, just that they violated the spirit of the forum rules. I hold myself to a higher standard so there can't be any hint that I expect or am shown any favoritism.

Chas.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”