Print thread feature

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 2

Print thread feature

Post by dws1117 »

Charles, does the forum software allow for a print thread feature such as seen on other forums? Sometimes I like to print threads out to read at other times and other places.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I just verified that there is no such feature on the Admin. panel so I guess not. I've printed some posts from a thread by block copying them, then selecting the "selection" from the print menu.

This is hardly a handy way to print it. Maybe the new Olympic version of phpbb will have that feature.

Chas.

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dws1117 »

Thanks. I think I may have asked this a while back and received the same answer, but was too lazy to look back.

I have printed threads the same way, but again, I'm being lazy and was hoping for an easier way. Thanks for checking.

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

phpBB leaves a lot to be desired. I also use it on a forum I own, because it was included in my hosting package. It's easy for users, but the admin tools are... well, "lacking".

In retrospect, I wish I'd gone with Simple Machines Forum. It's far more expandable and customizable, and the development community seems to be more active.

It's pretty hard to change forum packages midstream and keep your archives, though. Not something I want to undertake, even on my small private forum with less than 30 messages a week.

It could always be worse, though. We could be suffering through that horrid packing.org "gun talk" forum. :cryin :ack: :banghead:

Kevin

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Not me KB. Packing was the 1st one I found. Did not take long to quit going there very often. Went to highroad. Now I don't go at all to PDO & check the buy & sell at highroad. Past that I stay right here where the air is clear, the wisdom is sound, & the family is friendly. :lol: See yall in print.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”