"Show new posts" option

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

"Show new posts" option

Post by KBCraig »

I like the look and feel of this forum software; I haven't seen it anywhere else.

But one thing that is missing is the option to only view the threads with new posts since the reader's last visit. The color-coded symbols on the main forum list make it easy to only bother with the threads that have new content. It would be easier still if those were the only threads showing.

If this option is available and I'm overlooking it, please let me know!

Just FYI, I use Firefox as a browser. When reading forums or news sites, I start at the main page, and wheel-click to open new tabs behind the current window. After I've opened a new tab for every thread or article I wish to read, I close the first window and start reading. I'm on DSL, but I started this technique when I was using dial-up. It lets all the pages continue loading while you're reading the first few.

Kevin

gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gigag04 »

software is called phpbb - its available at http://www.phpbb.com and runs on a php server with mysql backend. </end nerdy tech stuff>

:)

Now- to answer your question, once you are logged in, in the main forum view, right above the blue bar on the right side of the page are three options:

View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts

The first one is what you're looking for. I too use the fox, and tab it out from here. Hope this helps!

-nick

SORRY to the mods/'mins if I came across like I know it all, I brought up my own phpbb server a while ago to play with and am trying to help out. Thank you guys for YOUR help for sure!

-
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

You'll find the "view unread posts" link on the right hand side of the index page just above the header line.

Topic author
KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KBCraig »

Thanks!

I hadn't seen it.

Kevin

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”