Can't log into site...except at home

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TLE2
Posts in topic: 2

Can't log into site...except at home

Post by TLE2 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:55 pm

I've tried from a couple of different computers (not at home), my iPhone, my Wii.

When I log in it says I've exceeded my attempts.

Is there some internal memo I missed?

Thanks,
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Hoi Polloi
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Can't log into site...except at home

Post by Hoi Polloi » Tue May 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Is the computer at home already logged in so you don't have to enter your password?

If so, that would explain how it's avoided on the home computer. (Not what in particular is wrong on the rest, though.)
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ameer

Post by Ameer » Wed May 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Is that the error with the recaptcha? I get that sometimes but clearing the cache fixes it for me.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple » Wed May 18, 2011 3:13 pm

I'm currently logged in on 2 Mac computers, 1 iPad, and an iPhone. No problems here at all. Try dumping your cache, cookies, resetting your browse, and restarting your computer. Trying a different browser wouldn't be a bad idea either. If you're still having issues on multiple computers/devices, it may be related to your account. Make sure you are signed out of every computer & device before trying again.

Topic author
TLE2

Post by TLE2 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:46 pm

RottenApple: you said you were "logged in" on several computers, but then you suggested I sign out of every device.

Can I be logged in only once, and that if my home computer is "remember me" it stays logged in, even if it's not even on?
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Winchster

Post by Winchster » Mon May 23, 2011 9:51 pm

I don't think that being logged in on multiple platforms is the problem, I think he suggested that as a troubleshooting technique designed to eliminate multiple logins as a possible culprit.
What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper » Mon May 23, 2011 10:53 pm

RottenApple wrote: Try dumping your cache, cookies, resetting your browse, and restarting your computer. Trying a different browser wouldn't be a bad idea either. If you're still having issues on multiple computers/devices, it may be related to your account. Make sure you are signed out of every computer & device before trying again.
I've tried all of the above and more (disabled third party cookies, listed as trusted site, etc) and I continue to have login problems. Constantly getting bumped off too.

Multiple tries to get logged-in, can't stay logged in (during use), have no other problems with any other site.

Very odd. :headscratch
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man » Mon May 23, 2011 11:38 pm

Try going to LastPass.com, and download the plugin for your particular browser. Their plugin is a very good, very secure password vault which will store the username/password for any site you want it to. You can set it to automatically log you into any site you want, just by loading the login page for that site. I have it on all my computers, including as an app on my iPad, and I have the plugin for Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. It also works for Opera and Internet Exploder. It runs in Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.

https://lastpass.com/
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper » Tue May 24, 2011 11:38 am

TAM, that worked for me (so far) :anamatedbanana

Thanks!

Why didn't you tell me about this months ago....? ;-)

Update:

Well......that lasted for about a day, now right back to multiple log-in attempts, getting booted off during posts or browsing posts, etc...., sheeesh.

This site only.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth » Wed May 25, 2011 12:38 pm

I can't log in on my laptop either. Been that way for about a week. Happened right after I got an IE9 update. No problems with any other site.
N5PNZ

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Today I was finally able to log in from my laptop. Had to reset the pass word and reactivate in order to do so. Even that wouldn't work on previous attempts. Now to see if it stays logged in.
N5PNZ

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”