House Cleaning

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

House Cleaning

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Some of you may have noticed that our biannual house cleaning has been done and little used forums have been closed with their posts being moved to other forums. This is done approx. every 2 to 3 years to keep the board from getting bloated with seldom used categories and forums. I still need to move some posts for older legislative sessions, but I just don't have time to do that now.

Chas.

paulhailes
Posts in topic: 1

Re: House Cleaning

Post by paulhailes »

Thanks for maintaing an amazing forum.

hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

paulhailes wrote:Thanks for maintaing an amazing forum.
Agreed. This is a wonderful resource. Chas, your and the other mods' hard work is greatly appreciated by many. While I only recently signed up as a member, I actively read the site for months before hand; I am positive that number of folks who benefit on a daily basis from discussions here is much larger than the mere membership ranks.
:thumbs2:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Thanks guys.

Chas.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Love the Forums Charles, and great job as always. I do have a question about the Test Area Forum. What is it's purpose? Any proposed post in any forum can be viewed by clicking on the "Preview" button to see what it looks like, including attachments, etc. It would seem a Test Area that maintains all manner of tests just bloats the board. What am I missing?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

G26ster wrote:Love the Forums Charles, and great job as always. I do have a question about the Test Area Forum. What is it's purpose? Any proposed post in any forum can be viewed by clicking on the "Preview" button to see what it looks like, including attachments, etc. It would seem a Test Area that maintains all manner of tests just bloats the board. What am I missing?
You're not missing anything and you're right about the preview. The test area was created not only for testing, but somewhat as a resource. People could see how others solved problems like posting photos, links, etc. This only works if someone has a problem with their test and another Member responds, so it has proven helpful, but not as much as originally hoped.

Chas.

terryg

Post by terryg »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:You're not missing anything and you're right about the preview. The test area was created not only for testing, but somewhat as a resource. People could see how others solved problems like posting photos, links, etc. This only works if someone has a problem with their test and another Member responds, so it has proven helpful, but not as much as originally hoped.
But it has helped. I work in IT, so I hate to admit it, but I have found answers by trolling the test forum. :oops:
... this space intentionally left blank ...

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

terryg wrote:But it has helped. I work in IT, so I hate to admit it, but I have found answers by trolling the test forum. :oops:
:iagree:
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”